bmx guys western flyer freedom 2 what's it worth

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just got this don't know much about them but it's really cool. Frame is perfect tires even pumped up but there dry rotted just missing the seat. I know some vintage bmx bikes are worth some money but idk about a western flyer. I'm gonna but a lay back seat post and seat and have fun. Will probally trade it off eventually
20150620_150408.jpg

one of these that wasn't as nice just sold on feebay for 199 so I would guess if you put a seat post on it yours could fetch about that with no problem
I do know these were around when I was into bmxing in 1986 so im guessing it is 1986 1987 and looks to be all original.
nice cheap gt spinoff has all the gt styling and components but definitely department store brand I believe Murray builds them and badges them as western flyer but not sure on that.
I am not too smart on bikes these days but I do recall them being at the bmx tracks on occasion and the kids that couldn't afford the gt had these. looks nice nonetheless

Kool looking ride..
I personally like the odd ball Bmx bikes cuz there left out of the loop cuz of the name brand bikes. I think there just as kool and some of us had parents that couldn't afford the name brand bikes..
I would also range it in the $200 area if it were all complete and cleaned up and restored back to stock.
You can do a search in the "Bmx Museum" and you can find some info to answer some your questions regarding your Wester Flyer.. I really hope you restore it and enjoy it..

Thanks for the help. I forgot to tell you how i got it. I was at work made a wrong turn down a dirt road and saw it sitting next to a shed. Went back after work when i had a chance and asked the guy about it. He told me just to take it. Thought that was pretty cool of him. I cleaned it up and took it for a spin I still need to find a white plastic seat and layback seat post but it rides pretty good. Even cleaned it up a little bit. The paint is in really good shape. Anyone know the best thing to clean these plastic mags with? I didn't want to use any chemicals that could hurt them. I think I'm going to throw some new brake cables and a seat on it and cruze it with my son he's almost 4. I remember having a bike just like this when I was 12 or 13 but it was all spray painted white and had a busted mag. It got stolen out of my back yard before I could even fix it.

Cant beat that price for a cool old skool Bmx bike. Just sign up on the bmxmuseum website and they have everything you need to know and to restore your Bmx bike there.
You can find parts all day long there also.
Can't wait to see it all cleaned up and finished all put together.

Just got this don't know much about them but it's really cool. Frame is perfect tires even pumped up but there dry rotted just missing the seat. I know some vintage bmx bikes are worth some money but idk about a western flyer. I'm gonna but a lay back seat post and seat and have fun. Will probally trade it off eventually
20150620_150408.jpg
Hey you want to sell this bike???

Cool survivor freestyle bike! Check the brand of the components, like the mag wheels, pegs, handlebars, etc., they may be quality pieces. Pedals look like what came on my General. I think it’s got some good value. 🔥
Which General model?

Thanks for the help. I forgot to tell you how i got it. I was at work made a wrong turn down a dirt road and saw it sitting next to a shed. Went back after work when i had a chance and asked the guy about it. He told me just to take it. Thought that was pretty cool of him. I cleaned it up and took it for a spin I still need to find a white plastic seat and layback seat post but it rides pretty good. Even cleaned it up a little bit. The paint is in really good shape. Anyone know the best thing to clean these plastic mags with? I didn't want to use any chemicals that could hurt them. I think I'm going to throw some new brake cables and a seat on it and cruze it with my son he's almost 4. I remember having a bike just like this when I was 12 or 13 but it was all spray painted white and had a busted mag. It got stolen out of my back yard before I could even fix it.
you can soak the mags in a rubber maid type tub of water mixed with bleach. to bleach the mags whiter. or buy MR Clean eraser pads. to scrub it clean. or you can have a shop water bead blast them whiter.

Latest posts

Back