BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
In the shed, close to the beach, QLD, Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I acquired a bunch of bikes today which will be chopped up for future projects.
This one makes me wonder......

Seems oldschool.
Possibly worth restoring?

d988910ee98f5dcd78bf283464200687_zpse44800aa.jpg

I'll get some more and better pics up later if needed.
On the iPad and the Photobucket app is rubbish.

:)

Yes, that's definitely a Haro, but I'm betting it's a "Sport" rather than a "Freestyler." Up to you whether it'd be worthwhile restoring; i think that an actual restore would be expensive, but a refurbishing to make it rideable/presentable might be a good idea.

HTH

The top tube length looks a lot shorter than the haro, the front gusset doesnt look to be welded the entire length either like I'm used to seeing on those too.

I wouldn't know about the lenght but I can measure it later.

You're right about the gusset not being welded all the way though.

So it could just be a cheap copy?

The shorter top tube makes me think it might be a knock off but there are plenty of bikes I still haven't seen before out there. The other parts could have been scavenged to build that one up but they look like pretty lower level stuff to me too.

i like the patina. new or restored wheels, in some bright color would set it off. clear coat the rust, and call it done.

The shorter top tube makes me think it might be a knock off but there are plenty of bikes I still haven't seen before out there. The other parts could have been scavenged to build that one up but they look like pretty lower level stuff to me too.
Cool thanks for the input.

Is there a way to tell from the numbers on the frame?
I've seen people talk about that on this forum.

i like the patina. new or restored wheels, in some bright color would set it off. clear coat the rust, and call it done.

Yeh it is nicely worn and rusted.
Might just put a comfy seat on it and maybe make some hangers for it and clear it.

I don't know too much, but it looks like the frame I posted some days ago, Haro FST
The s.n. , if it is a Haro gives june 1985,
a desirable frame for collectors.

Latest posts

Back