(BO-X) RAMCHARGERS Drag Bike (Finished, last detailed pictures)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:39:
I hope you can make that butterfly wheel work!

Luke.
Steering issue solved. I had a Mr. Gasket, small block Chevy, fuel pump block off plate in a box and put it to use. All I had to do was measure and drill it out.
The angel is adjustable with this neck so I'll be able to adjust it for comfort. Now figuring out where to mount the brake lever....:39:
DSCN0615.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

While stripping the paint I blew the water supply hose on my power washer. I got another one then it was cooking on the grill time. Pollen is bad here now and so I took some allergy meds and I was out for about 3 hours. So, I was able to get about 95% of the frame stripped. Zip-Strip is the bomb!
0502151315.jpg

Great parts and theme and ideas so far!!!!!
That drag bar execution is SICK!!!!!

I got the rear wheel together, mounted it on the frame and... it's not lining up! So, step back and look and see that the frame is left of center. This is bent from the front all the way back to the drop outs. I don't have a solution for this yet other than taking it to a shop and pay someone a heap of money to straighten it. I may be on the hunt for another frame.:mad:
DSCN0661.jpg

DSCN0660.jpg

DSCN0662.jpg

DSCN0663.jpg

DSCN0665.jpg

DSCN0664.jpg

Well as long as it's already toasted...
I'd lay it on it's side and step on it and gently pull up on it.
Repeat as necessary. :blackeye:
You might be able to tweak it enough to rat... But...
Your sweet dragster build is probably gonna need a new frame.

Carl.

From what I can tell, it looks like the bottom bracket took a lick with the rear axle and head tube being in a stationary position!

So the fix would be to...
1. install a scrap hub (or all-thread) into the rear dropouts and block up the frame approximately 4 inches.
2. block up the head tube the same as the dropouts.
3. apply weight as necessary to bring the frame back into alignment.

For weight, start with one foot and slowly progress to driving up a 2x8 with your daily. ;) NO HAMMERS!!!

You'd be surprised what a little force, strategically placed, can do!!

If you decide to switch to another frame, let me know!!! ;)

Well the frame is toast. So, I'm looking for a replacement frame. Anyone got a spare one?

Last edited:
Thats very salvageable. My 66 stingray was in much worse shape. Slide hammer, 2 plumb bobs, some string, tape measure, and about 30 minutes you can get it back in shape easily.
No, it's worse... now. My remedy to bend it back failed.

This is a 1968 Sears Spyder. A bike frame barely alive. Gentlemen, I can rebuild it. I have the technology. I have the capability to build the world's first bionic bicycle. 1968 Sears Spyder will be that bike. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.
I'll take the frame since it scrap now.

This is a 1968 Sears Spyder. A bike frame barely alive. Gentlemen, I can rebuild it. I have the technology. I have the capability to build the world's first bionic bicycle. 1968 Sears Spyder will be that bike. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.
I'll take the frame since it scrap now.
Sent you a PM.

Congrats on the new frame. Build on road warrior, build on.
Not a whole lot happening until I get the frame here. Coming from California on the Grayhound in a couple of days. I start my week of vacation Saturday. I have a concert to go to Saturday morning in Camden, NJ. Philly Rock station 93.3 WMMR BBQ. It's going to be awesome.

Cool saddle!!

Latest posts

Back