'BOARDER PATROL" Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
First of all, I want to thank you for letting me be a part of this. I've had an absolute blast building BOARDER PATROL and the others I've got in the works. The level of knowledge here is second to none! I look forward to building other bikes and sharing them with you!

"BOARDER PATROL"

It started as a 2/3 complete 1962 Schwinn Fleet 26".
062402048-vi.jpg

The word FLEET made me think of a fleet of crs for a police department, so I went with a police theme. And rather than going with a typical black & white color scheme on it, I went with a board tracker style of look. I did go with the classis black & white look to it but decided to make it have an entique feel. I used regular gloss black and antique white paint colors. I figured the whites of the earlier part of the 20th century would be a bright white and would have somewhat of a dingy look to them. I bought a pair of the cream Thick Bricks to sest off the antique white paint. The looked the part but didn't fit the Rat Trap springer I wanted to use. It had to be slimmed down in order to squeeze them in there. The fork's rockers were flipped and one of the rods/bars/thingy was removed so to keep the springer look but with a cleaner look. The wheels were done in all black with the exception of the rear Comet Super hub. It was two-toned (I guess you could call it that) making it black and chrome. Different handlebars that were rounder and shorter replaced the originals to give a better, realistic look (IMO) when flipped. The grips were from I don't remember. They were cleaned and bleached but didn't come out bright white. I'm glad they didn'r really. I think they look better as is to go with the antique white paint and cream tires. The rear rack was stripped and painted black to match the frame and wheels. The seatpost was cut and re-welded to set the seat further back and lower. The tank decals were made by me as well as the replacement Schwinn decals. On the chainguard I replaced the star thing with the word POLICE to go with the flow of the rest of the bike. The seat is nothing special. Its just one I had lying around off something else that I felt fit the bill of the look. I made the front bracket to hold the headlight, red light and siren. Sadly, I wasn't able to get pics or video of the lights & siren in action. I added a few small details to the bike for fun like the mini-handcuffs that hold the coaster brake lever, a motor officer's uniform pin to signify belonging to a motor unit and winged nuts for the front axle. There's probably more to talk about but thats boring. Pics are what we all want to see!!

342899136-vi.jpg

43228857136-vi.jpg

322318800-vi.jpg

28228733200-vi.jpg

Someone actually rode this old Rollfast to their work so I took the opportunity to use it in a photo.
20287212128-vi.jpg

This pic is probably my favorite of all I have.
58228826864-vi.jpg

Again....thanks for letting me play along!!

Sweet! :D Looks awesome with those Thick Bricks :wink: Nice job :mrgreen:

This was a fun build to follow.
So many cool details on it.
Way to go Chips and send our best to Aaron.

BRAVO BRUDDERMAN!

congRATs!

Thank you all. It means more when it comes from ratting craftsmen such as yourselves!

I'll try to post some day time photos tomorrow.

Aaron got to come home this afternoon. He was recovering so well and so quickly the doctor let him come home with a regiment of pain killers and other meds. For the next two weeks he'll be taking it easy and will go back to get his stitches taken out.

I can tell that every single prayer you've said and every thought of well wishes worked for Aaron. He's been able to recover alot faster than most patients his age. So I know for sure the power of prayer works. He's home 2 days early! THANK YOU!

Nice build paint it perfect an it's good to hear Arron is doing so well maybe in a few weeks we can see his finished build

I am really surprised that this build hasn't gotten double digit votes yet.

Latest posts

Back