BOARDTRACKER BOMBER XIII * FINISHED *

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More parts working through. I ordered a new carb that will work easier with the throttle, I have to fab up a intake for it this eve. I cut some vinyl for a number plate ordered as well and trying to decide where to place it. Either on the rear part of the frame in front of the rear axle or below the seat towards the rear. I am also thinking of using the right brake lever for the throttle (I do already have a grip throttle but playing with ideas).

newcarb_web_zps99cfad9f.jpg
plate_web_zps01c4fd7c.jpg

Last edited:
All day grinding, cutting, welding. The new intake is looking good and the fins on the flywheel are gone (still may need a little clean up). One step closer on completion. One thing that was a drag is that (I think during the process of trying to bend the cranks) I must of hit the muffler (it is not made for heavy torque against it) and it popped the weld. I went online and ordered another as soon as I noticed no biggie. Man, I could use three to four more weeks to leisurely finish this build! I did need something to get me motivated!

I have a feeling I am going to take it to the wire - shooting photo's on Sunday, and it may be overcast. I have been working on the engine (manifold, new carb, fin removal on flywheel , gas line and dialing in alignment for the jackshaft.) Nothing that will necessarily make her pretty but will make her run! My next build is a pedal power Worksman so I'm not that lazy.... Anyway here is just a detail shot. I will have the overall's soon.

gas_line_web_zpse1575aef.jpg

Last edited:
YES!!! This one is rad! AWESOME stuff here!
Thanks, I was able to dial in the new throttle and carb this morning (The cap to the carb cracked and had to jb weld. and the float was not working so I had to dial that in as well - That's the fun stuff when you can get past it). With the muffler off it sounds like a gasser! I have a ton to do today detailing but all is good and will have photo's by tomorrow. Very stoked!

I shot these this morning and am not 100% on the back drop. I am thinking this eve possibly more shots. This thing is like riding with a toaster between your legs. Winter rides!!! Arizona is a little warm for added heat . Where is the official spot to submit final shots?
engine_web_zps34f31f7e.jpg

muffler_side_web_zps6f88463a.jpg

flywheel_side_web_zps375778d4.jpg

Last edited:
I have been wanting to build a bike around a vintage Briggs and Stratton for a while. I hope you don't mind if I steal a few ideas from you when I do!
Looks like a dangerously fun bike. :cool2:
Thanks, I appreciate it and yes I am just waiting for some flesh to be ripped from something.

Latest posts

Back