Boiled Linseed / WD-40

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im working on a raw steel build. Have let it rust for character and now want to stop the process and seal. I applied wd-40 last week and am now thinking to apply boiled linseed. Can I apply the boiled linseed over mostly evaporated wd-40?

That is has shark hide suppose to be better but pretty sure it's boiled linseed oil.

Thanks, I can give it a wipedown before applying. Ill probably be on a long dusty ride tomorrow so assume alot of the wd-40 will be soaked up. Will give it a cleaning afterwards. Noted on the rags catching fire. Ill wash them heavily in the sink with dish soap then lay them out to dry before disposal.

Thanks, I can give it a wipedown before applying. Ill probably be on a long dusty ride tomorrow so assume alot of the wd-40 will be soaked up. Will give it a cleaning afterwards. Noted on the rags catching fire. Ill wash them heavily in the sink with dish soap then lay them out to dry before disposal.
Nope just let them dry they off gas in your pipes you'll know it

Latest posts

Back