Bolt Action - officially

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know its fairly late to enter but i decided i had a chance at putting together something simple this weekend

My original plan was derailed early on when most of the stuff i had been collecting fot the build off plus some other bikes where stolen

my choices are either a columbia firebolt or a 1933/34 b9 schwinn frame

20210903_153721.jpg

The schwinn B9 i plan on using as much schwinn parts that i have mainly acquired from many build projects
oddly i held on to them which is unusual since i dont have a very big schwinn collection like most Californians
but i have always wanted a b9 / b10 frame since it is generally regarded as the grandfather of all cruisers
However instead of restoring this one i plan on ratting it out
Hence the name Rod-father

Majority of collected parts (still missing rear wheel)
20210903_154304.jpg

If I cant get a rear wheel then I will be building the columbia firebolt into a 26 bmx / strandie / klunker stylized build
I wanted a build that really showcased the built in rear rack and the bullmoose style hbars that are bars and goose neck integrated into one also

here are all the black parts that im hoping to combine to make Bolt Action
20210903_155805.jpg

Last edited:
OH YEAH!!! Lightning Round Build!!!
My vote is for Bolt Action
Glad to see you finally jumping in brother!!

OMG the Bolt with the Bullmeese, so much radical! The long horizontal line of the frame and the bars will make some interesting angles in the photo shoot

It's official I decided to go with bolt action
Spent part of the day getting it assembled
I was hoping to add 3 piece bmx crank however it turns out I am missing the correct spacers
So I went with the bulletproof Cromo one piece crank
While trying to go for the murdered out look I put long 80s style hbar covers but no luck putting them on the center triangle
The tires are duro Redwalls but have a bit of paint overspray
Need to see if I can clean them up to get them to pop
20210904_190355.jpg
20210904_190239.jpg
20210904_190226.jpg
20210904_190303.jpg

Dug out some black felt 26" rims to see if they would work on the build
However due to the firebolt being a middleweight frame the tires will not clear without major modification
No slight widening will work

That is actually what I like about this build
No suffering from analysis paralysis I really am limited in what can be done

Even the black knee action springer I considered using will not work due to the spring height being too high
Not allowing me to use the built in cup holder of the bullmoose bars that I have seen other people use
With the bmx forks I can at least lower the light more if needed
ovsgx229434y.jpg

Last edited:
So I can’t help but wonder the reason for the reverse crank set on the finished voting photo. At first I thought you just had a reverse image picture, but looking closer at the rear wheel/ brake lever, it’s obvious that the wheel is mounted backwards as well. With a coaster brake, how do you pedal that thing ? Or do you ride it in reverse ?

No
Unfortunately it was a goof
I blew the bike completely apart to clean and grease b4 taking my pics
When putting it back together I unfortunately put the drive train in the incorrect position
I didn't notice until after the time had passed to submit photos
I'm happy to say I corrected it and have been enjoying riding my build off bike
Even if my photos show otherwise

Latest posts

Back