Bone Shaker

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I picked up a bone shaker years back up in New England and it been sitting on display on my back deck so I thought what better way to start a Rat rod bike project . This bone shaker frame is from 1866-1869 .
I will need to fabricate lots of stuff to keep this frame and fork in it original Shape and add the touches it needs to be come rideable not sure how to up load photos but will as soon as I do

Bone shaker

94A807A7-0B3A-48EF-9A00-AF4354F978EE.jpeg
53B6849D-543C-41FF-B912-72253F6DBFB4.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this would be a class 2 because I have to make a lot of part for this to make it rideable. This bike would have had wooden spoke wheels 35” front and 30” rear and peddle like a high wheeler
I plan on building a Class 1 bike as well just need to make up my mine witch one to select

I absolutely love the look of that frame!
I can't wait to see it come together. Are you going to remake it how it was originally or custom?

I absolutely love the look of that frame!
I can't wait to see it come together. Are you going to remake it how it was originally or custom?
I am NOT going to change the frame or forks in any way but in stead i am going to build custom add on parts to make this a custom Rat Bike I am hoping and thanks for asking

Very, very cool!

I went in and made your pics bigger, handy tip for the future is just to hit the "insert as full size" button to get bigger pics to show up.
I am NOT going to change the frame or forks in any way but in stead i am going to build custom add on parts to make this a custom Rat Bike I am hoping and thanks for asking
If you are not changing the frame or forks you can be in Class 1, anything bolt on is fair game to modify. Let me know if you want it moved for you.

FD80C3FB-45FB-4AC2-8B41-A8D1016A5841.jpeg

85FC6E3E-44D2-4C36-B59C-3932ED97373E.jpeg

I got a Ford model T Kerosene lamp mounted to the bone shaker
Very, very cool!

I went in and made your pics bigger, handy tip for the future is just to hit the "insert as full size" button to get bigger pics to show up.

If you are not changing the frame or forks you can be in Class 1, anything bolt on is fair game to modify. Let me know if you want it moved for you.
Thanks Luke but with as much that needs to be fabricated i feel its better to be in class 2 but i am planing to build a class 1 rat rod bike just not sure witch frame i want to pick from my stock of bikes.

thank Luke but with as much that needs to be fabricated i feel its better to be in class 2 but i am planing to build a class 1 rat rod bike just not sure witch frame i want to pick from my stock of bikes
:thumbsup:

Looking good by the way!

help Luke i am better at building then the internet not sure how i go so many photo's of the same thing
Fixed it for you. You can hit the "Make all full size" or do it individually, guessing you maybe hit both with that post?
You will get the hang of it!
:forum:

Have you seen those wood spoke lightweight 30x1 cart type wheels with the solid rubber tire? They claim to be for display or light duty use, but I bet they would work on a bike like this.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back