Born Again Hawthorne - Finished - 1938-2017 and Beyond

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the comments and votes. The nice custom bikes seem to have won out again over the rat rod bikes. Just had to say it...sorry but there is a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't be sorry! I used one of my 4 votes for this bicycle, and I thought long and hard about it. Well done sir, and IMO a top 5 all day long when you take out the over-the-top fabricated and motorized stuff. There is a difference, but many people less informed don't see or appreciate the more subtle things on bikes like yours.
The "Anything Goes" theme brings a lot of people out, but with no categories separating the full custom, muscle-bikes, choppers, and motorized stuff from the "more ride-able" bicycle entries, the outcome will be unceremoniously disappointing for those with nice bikes like the Hawthorne. Social media drives the voting I think for the most part during the major BO's. :whew: Keep up the good work M-flyer..

I sold this old bike to a fellow collector in April 2018. A little seller’s remorse, but you can’t keep them all. I ran across a recent article in a car magazine that seems to be be relevant and transferable to our bicycles.

From Ol’Skool RODZ Magazine; by Odgie, “SOLD”, #88 July 2018.
Quote, “You can never sell the car. You can move on the shell, the external reality. To a good new home, where a whole new car will be created in the buyers mind. But the car, your car, that will always exist within you, never sold, never broken, never replaced, never forgotten. It’s as simple as that. Build it yourself and it lives inside you forever.”

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back