(BOTEN) "OUTLAW" ...Withdrawn from the build-off...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah.... No...

Bitterly cold today, 8 degrees, overcast with showers and a breeze that will cut you clean in half! I really need to put some walls up on that carport!

Tomorrow looks good, top of only 9 but less wind and sunshine...
Time is getting short, and the list to finish is still long... :(

Thanks for the offer, but the cat would probably actually make things worse! (Allergies...) :21:

Luke.
Is that 8 degrees centigrade or fahrenheit? Maybe put some socks on under those flip flops, Luke? :grin:Just kidding....hope you can keep up the build...looking forward to the finished product!

Hope you are able to get rolling around that weather Luke!!!!!
It's 97 with a extremely humid 110 heat index here in Savannah too. 43 C for you.
GOOD LUCK my friend!!

Was meant to be 9 degrees, sunshine, and very limited breeze today...
What we got was 6 degrees, overcast, and a wind straight from the Antarctic... :(

Decided to be proactive about the problem and drove into town to a industrial supplies store and picked myself up a welders jacket, so when I got back I put on that over my overalls, stocked up the fire and set to work much warmer!

It was too dark to do a decent video by the time I stopped, so I will fill it in on the next update, but the fork arms are welded on, the main pivot points are done on the ends, the leafspring leaves have been swapped front to rear and cut down, mounts welded to the lower stay on the fork and fitted up and the wishbone/tuning fork that connects the spring to the rockers is built but I need to finish off the adjuster part...

Good progress, not as much as I hoped, but better than nothing!

Hopefully now that I have the jacket, there will be less weather hold ups and I can get this bike riding by the deadline! :thumbsup:

Luke.

I love the problem solving. it gets too cold so buy a welders jacket! Actually probably the cheapest leather jacket you could buy at that, and it will keep those sparks further from the important stuff. My dad used to just wear overalls too but sparks would burn right through them when crouched down welding.

Glad to hear you made progress in spite of the temp drop.
I imagine wind chill dropped it below 0 centigrade.

Too bad the heat generated by the welding device couldn't be harnessed somehow to heat the person doing the welding....now there's a project for you in your spare time Luke!:grin:

Went shopping and picked up a cheap skateboard... $14 well spent I believe, will be enough for two saddles from it, and some wheels for a possible sissy bar in the future...

Thinking about an oval bobber style saddle:

19718009985_97ec51ee55_z.jpg

Luke.

Went shopping and picked up a cheap skateboard... $14 well spent I believe, will be enough for two saddles from it, and some wheels for a possible sissy bar in the future...

Thinking about an oval bobber style saddle:

19718009985_97ec51ee55_z.jpg

Luke.

Old skateboards can make both good seats AND good sissy bars. Just take a look at BEER RUN.

The work your doing on this bike is flat out stunning. Keep on trucking. You are more than welcome to pack up and come here its in the 90's at the moment

Sent from my LGL31L using Tapatalk

Someday I will have to get a video done, maybe a ride around the block of something, love the progress ones you do.

Latest posts

Back