Bought a Industrial Trike Today

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found this on CL it was only 5 miles from my house. Will need tires, the paint job looks crappy, and I don't know who makes it, but it rides soo good. It has no puncture tubes in it with no valve stems. Looks like its going to be a pain to get these tires off of it.
HPIM0744.jpg

HPIM0747.jpg

HPIM0748.jpg

HPIM0746.jpg

HPIM0745.jpg

Weird looking indentions in the forks? Could this be a workmans industrial trike?
HPIM0749.jpg

Those forks look to be of the same brand I bought off ebay for a Klunker I built (based off the slots in the back). I bent the crap out of them really quick, pretty cheap.

Tires a pain to get off? nah shove a flat head screwdriver under em, pry up and cut with a rather large pair of bolt cutters or grinder, nice trike though, I had a worksman, they do neat two wheel turns lol

Thanks for the all the great info guys. I am trying to figure out the best way to get the paint off the sticker without removing the name off of it if that's possible. Then I want to flat black the frame and paint the wheels red since it already has a crappy paint job :) My miami sun trike is too nice to rat rod, so I think I am just going to leave it all original and ride the wheels off this one.

Nice pics thanks for posting them. That even looks like my rear chrome fenders all beat up. How much will you sell me a chrome front fender off that one lol.

That's perfect then :) I need a bent front fender to match my bent rear fenders lol Thanks again for the pics from your work.

Does anyone know where to get parts for these Mohawk industrial trikes i have a model 240 i recently found and i want to do a complete restoration most importantly i need the head badge if anyone has a new one for sale please contact me on facebook under Randell Lugo

Most of the bikes at work have had a long, rough, neglectful life. You would be hard pressed to find a single straight fender out there anywhere!
heya udallcustombikes I saw you say they have a bunch of those trikes at your work. do they ever sell them off? I am actually not exactly too far from derby considering some places these trikes usually are
If they ever do let me know id be in for a couple of them even if their rough
btw I am in Arkansas city Kansas so howdy somewhat distant neighbor lol

heya udallcustombikes I saw you say they have a bunch of those trikes at your work. do they ever sell them off? I am actually not exactly too far from derby considering some places these trikes usually are
If they ever do let me know id be in for a couple of them even if their rough
btw I am in Arkansas city Kansas so howdy somewhat distant neighbor lol

They used to have a surplus store, but they closed it down after the tornado in 2012. Most all of the bikes and trikes are riden until the frames crack. Then they are stripped down and scrapped.

Latest posts

Back