brake pads and painted alloy rims

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... So can you all see where I am going with this? Does anyone know of a brand of linear pull brake shoes/pads that don't suck or more importantly scream or squel when used on alum wheels (26") with brand new factory painted rims? the wife is getting a new Schwinn Clairmont 7speed cruiser, to match my Breeze cuz she won't ride the ss 64' Hawthorne I built for her a few years ago but the Claimont comes with painted alum wheels and I know how regular brake pads/shoes work on painted surface rims. Any other way to get around it? I allready plan to use a little extra toe in to reduce distortic vibrations and minimalizing loud brakes. Thanks for any advice.

It's one of those poorly thought out manufacturing things. I wonder what cork brake pads would do. There are also swissstop yellow pads that people use on carbon fiber rims. They might be a little expensive to experiment with though.

super and i mean super glue some thick felt pads to normal pads hence no scratch-o from the pad-o idk never tried this but have been thinking about it for some time (coster or drum brake man here!!!!) all things considered a little trial and error never hurt any body( except for those who think the can fly and jump out of a plane with no parachute) so you should be fine :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :shock: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back