Brand new old geezer member

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m an athletic 69 year old who rides my 8 motorcycles all over the US and Europe. I keep one stashed in Germany and one in Tennessee for my frequent trips there. I had gotten out of riding bicycles for the past 20 years until I got a Sondors XS e-bikeNow I’m also into retro cruiser bikes, beach cruisers and mountain bikes for exercise and gas prices.

So I have a Dyno Moto Glide bike I bought new in the 90’s. It’s purple/smoke flames with ape hangers, chopped fenders, and 4 speed Shimano rear drive. It has languished in my garage for years collecting dust. I had to replace the rotted flame tires long ago.
I tried a few mods over the years: vintage headlight, custom pedals, bell, etc.
i never ride it at night and didn’t need the headlight so that came off. The custom pedals weren’t comfortable so I went back to stock.
I removed the kickstand and don’t know what I did with it. I’d like a kickstand and think I found what I want so that’ll go on soon. The bike cleaned up like new. OOOO steel wool removed the oxidation on the chrome parts. The paint looks like new.
I plan to ride it more this summer since I’m only 6 miles from the SoCal beaches. It’s like a “barn find” that was lost in the man cave for the last 30 years.
I found this site when I searched for “Dyno Moto Glide” to see what Dyno has been doing of late. Surprised that Kustom Kruisers bought the brand. I’ll be watching this site for info and interesting posts. I’ll post photos of my Dyno later. I’ll be out of town for the next 9 days.

Does my bike sound like a rat Rod bike or a classic unrestored bike? I also have a basic single speed all black beach cruiser that I’m sure is a rat Rod bike. Photos of that one soon also.
Ciao.

Does my bike sound like a rat Rod bike or a classic unrestored bike? I also have a basic single speed all black beach cruiser that I’m sure is a rat Rod bike

Rule #9 😉🤣

Welcome aboard

We don't discuss what constitutes a rat rod. Makes for a bigger tent if everyone is allowed. Big Daddy said rats could be classy
orbitron2.jpg

I picked up a Dyno from a scrap heap that shined up fairly well, but not as well as yours. It needed a lot of parts, Electra seat and handlebars were pretty close to Dyno. I needed a kickstand and found one at Wal mart, an adjustable type that fit pretty well. I also noticed you have the seat post very high. A lot of people get a bend in them after some use. I've used a broomstick and inserted it like a dowel rod to give more strength to the seat post. My friend used a piece of steel rod inside the post, but that added some weight.
72063_c50b44e8b49bf5e96c851db5b0e919de.jpg

50147_b1d72e486294575a7e41b17dcc4c44fc.jpg

Looks good. I’m 6’4” and the seat is as high as the max height line.
I think my Dyno came with a kick stand but I must have removed it. I’m eyeing a long stand that attaches to the rear of the left chain stay. I have the same tight space as yours where the kick stand is supposed to attach. There is a single large tube that runs rearward from the crank to a wishbone where the two chain stays wrap around the rear wheel so I’m limited to finding a long stand that fits in that tight space or else a stand that attaches to the chain stay.

Here are the photos of my Dyno Moto Glide I promised recently. I bought it last century and it barely has 10 miles on it. The original fireball tread tires rotted so I had to replace them. Otherwise it is stock except for a small mirror and bell I added. View attachment 190213View attachment 190214View attachment 190215
Hey OLD MAN, welcome to the RRB.. Really nice Dyno Crusier bike.. Haven't seen one of these in quite a few years.. Nice bike... RaToN... Razin...

Latest posts

Back