British Dan - The Prologue...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All!

I'm Dan, 23, and I hail from Essex England, which is a county just north-east of fair London Town!

Thought I'd drop by and introduce myself as my first post, like a good boy!

I have to confess to being a Lurker here for close to a year now, watching all the builds and thinking "man that's cool..." but never signing on, because of one problem: My Hobby.
My hobby is collecting hobbies! I can't help it! I see new stuff, I want to try it! I want all the gear, straight away and I want to be good at it... straight away.

I've gotten to the point where, having spent ludicrous amounts of time and money on Warhammer and other model kits, skateboards, magic, instruments, computer games, books, DVD's, arts stuff, poker stuff/poker books, graphic novels/comics... you get the idea. I have no space, no time and no money. SO - I've strictly forbidden myself from starting a new hobby, until I'm certain - CERTAIN, that I'm going to follow it up and actually do it.

Hence I have never yet gotten into the custom bike thing, I've been restraining myself. Similarly my parents, (whom I still live with due to the outrageous rent/mortgage rates in the UK, particularly my home town) have been reluctant to give me garage/shed space because they know what I'm like...

Then last weekend I was helping my dad shift junk from our garage to the shed at the end of the garden, and right at the back in the corner, we found my old mountain bike. It got Decommissioned after the chain fell off it one day while I was cycling down the road. I didn't own a chain tool (I was 14-15 at the time?) and before I got round to owning one i came into possession of a skateboard.

So here we are, some 8 years later, and I see my chance! the moment to prove my metal as a Customizer! I own Zero tools (Well, some screw drivers, wrenches, hammers and an electric drill) and Zero bike tools (No tyre remover lever things, chain tool, pump, spoke wrench etc) and I've not ridden a bike since that fateful day my chain bust...

... build (Or rather, refurb) thread to follow shortly, let you see what I've got to work with.

One final paragraph and I'll stop, I'm pretty wordy like that.

I'd like to offer congratulations to RatRod (Steve?) who runs this site, and to all you existing members, I've never lurked on or posted on a board with such a positive energy and great supportive, friendly vibe as this place, and I'm genuinely excited to be a part of the forum!

Thanks for listening,

Peace out!
Dan.

Hi Dan :)

is people like you what makes this site what it is , respect and love for what we do .

i am glad you made up you're mind to be part of the best bike site in the net world wide, looking forward to see you're build :wink: Welcome,Bienvenido :!:

British Dan said:
I've never lurked on or posted on a board with such a positive energy and great supportive, friendly vibe as this place, and I'm genuinely excited to be a part of the forum!

Thanks for listening,

Peace out!
Dan.
Here Here! Welcome Dan, this forum ROCKS! Coolest bikes [and cars and m'bikes] coolest guys and gals... no attitudes.. just genuine people!

Latest posts

Back