Budzillas FrankenRat

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
aka_locojoe said:
Budz did you do anything to the frame besides clean it?

Well I took all the bearing sets out and cleaned and greased them. I put the bobbed front fender on the back and switched out the pedals. I also made my own seat pan and put new/different pedals on it.

I like the patina on the frame. Do you think I should do more? I have until the end of the month for this, but only the end of the week for the ride we have next weekend.

Reaction score
LOL, sorry Randy. I know you didn't mean anything. I catch myself wondering what else I can do to the bike since I'm not used to having a bike done (ridable) so fast.

I used a degreaser all over the frame with special attention to the thick spots by the BB and head tube. I then wiped the whole bike down with WD-40. I didn't really leave anyone though. I was just using it as another cleaner. The frame doesn't feel oily or anything. I think it might look 'shiny' since I used my wifes camera for the last few pics instead of my phone.

I have a piece of scrap leather that matches the frame color very close in the basement light, but I want to see it outside in the sun so I don't think I will get it covered before the ride this weekend - if I even do.

Reaction score
Nice bike man it looks so sweet with them wheels.. i been thinkin about getting some for my panther.. I dunno

Reaction score
thanks Rickster, They were on my first Kustom bike. It's the one on the left in the back of this pic--

thirdbeforecopy.jpg

Reaction score
i love this bike....seat is amazing, as is the "our lady" sticker.....dont know of anyone has heard of hanging a bell off your motorcycle to ward off road demons....but im hanging one off my bike frame...

Latest posts