Build Off 16 Highlight Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh Y
Gotta love this MO FATTA MO BETTA frame that @GTHOtrod has planned for Airship

20210508_130753-jpg.156704

Oh Yeah!!!

Checkout the magic of @idiotboy 's Oxalic Acid bath (wood bleach) on his Blue Bike build.

Before

78f0146bedfbd72fddca663515c24da1.png

After

aa571b3891a1e70cf3fffa29b196a1fc.jpg

Highlights from the Build Off? How 'bout a shout out to our new C.R.R.O (Chief Rat Rod Officer) @Angie and this new look to the right side of my laptop screen....

Latest posts column.jpg

I love being able to flash over to the 'Latest Posts' column and see what's most current on RRB! Also the email with the 'Yesterday's Forum Activity' is a great summary to access what we want, when we want it!

I appreciate these new touches, and that Angie is jumping right in to the mix.

AdmiNisTer oN~!

Check out the nice fork taper work that @NIMAL PATRICK did on his French Bike build "Low Froggies"

1621875391213.png
1621875416205.png
1621875448880.png

@OddJob is using some fleece as a substitute for fiberglass cloth to make a fiberglass 53 Chevy BelAir inspired chainguard.

1622162468350.png

I love how we all work with what we have to rig up solutions to accomplish our builds. This includes improvising tools.
@MattiThundrrr didn't have any clamps and such to hold his chainguard for adding a little Drillium to it. But he did have a miter box with the plastic pegs and some shims. Voila!!! A Drilluim press!!!!

1622163162624.png

Nice to see the tradition of this thread continuing on and serving the purpose I had originally intended it for, as a summary of cool stuff happening. Like years past, I have been dragging my feet getting started waiting for school to let out, but I intend to get started this weekend by figuring out exactly how all my cool ideas will fail. 👍 Some really cool stuff going on in here, I need to prep better so I can get an earlier start.

Nice to see the tradition of this thread continuing on and serving the purpose I had originally intended it for, as a summary of cool stuff happening. Like years past, I have been dragging my feet getting started waiting for school to let out, but I intend to get started this weekend by figuring out exactly how all my cool ideas will fail. 👍 Some really cool stuff going on in here, I need to prep better so I can get an earlier start.

I completely forgot that it was you that first came up with this thread idea back in Build Off 8. I think we've continued it ever since with the same basic rule of don't toot your own horn and highlight the cool stuff you see in the build off. Thanks brother!!!

Latest posts

Back