Build Off 17 Highlight Thread

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big BO17 highlight for me has been @MattiThundrrr doing such a great job as announcer/promoter here on the highlight thread!!! Big shoutout brother!

Check out the craftmanship on these lugs of @GTHOtrod , they don't build stuff like this anymore!
20220506_224645.jpg

Just figured out that I don't have to link threads, just hit the quote and the magic interwebs fairies will take you there

Ah, great tip! I didn't know that either!

This is worth looking at.

View attachment 195713
Now I've got ideas
I think you could make a better one from a thrift store cheap hardly or not working drill. I think a keyed chuck from one might be able to be welded on to a shaft and stops and a T handle also welded on to make a slide hammer that could be chucked onto the welding rod. You could use a heavier weight for the slide. I stood on the frame so the force was applied only to the dent. I tacked on two sides of the stuck rod. It didn’t come off, I had to grind it off.

More info on Andy's light fantastic:
a cheap landscape light from Walmart. Uses a Double A battery. Normally a rechargeable battery kept alive with the Solar panel. I removed the panel and ground spike. Moved the battery holder into the light body shell and added the ribbed lens from a junk bicycle headlight.
20220514_095743_2.jpg
20220610_193235.jpg

Latest posts

Back