BUILD OFF PRIZE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rat Rod

Owner & Founder
Reaction score
As with each build off we have had there has usually been a gracious member(s) of the group who have come up with a trophy or prizes for the build off winner.

This time our member kram (Mark) has offered to do a cool cartoon style illustration of the winning builder's bike.

Mark will contact the winner and discuss the illustration beforehand and then take 2-4 weeks to complete the illustration.

To get an idea of Mark's work, check out his website at http://www.markmeyersart.com

Thanks Mark for donating such a cool prize!!!

An example of Mark's work...
dracula1.jpg

Trophy!!!!

I've got a secret prize or two that I'll disclose later, but I'd also like to make the trophy for the winner this time if thats OK with everybody.... It'll be cool 8) 8)

Re: Trophy!!!!

Markm said:
I've got a secret prize or two that I'll disclose later, but I'd also like to make the trophy for the winner this time if thats OK with everybody.... It'll be cool 8) 8)
Build it! Cant wait to see it!

Shoot... I thought as last years winner I got to build the trophy this year... Actually as busy as I am if I dont have to build the trophy maybe I'll actually get a chance to work on the Tabasco Lugi before the end of the build off... :wink:

Way to step up everyone... Always good to see everyone pitching in and giving it there all.

Well whats important is that Somebody does it.. I would have liked to received a trophy, Not that its really all the important to "Get" something, I think it would just add in the fun.... Sooooooo...... Do you want to do a collaboration? Maybe I could forge some parts or something you could use in its construction? Or maybe I could make a metal Rat Rod Bikes logo to go on it? (with Steve's permission of course)

i gotta scrape some dough together to send it. everytime i have some cash i forget then when i am poor i remember i am really sorry for it and feel horrable but for those who know me at the shop they know how i am always on the go trying to remember a ton of things at once. i will get it out i prommise i have a friend who owes me some cash i just gotta go chase him down. i thank monster metal for being understanding but even though it looks like my builds have a lot of cash in them in reality mostly everything is either from trades, or doing work for others to get. i am poor lol.

I'll donate some shipping $ to ya karfer when I pick up my parts. I still have a good job in this cruddy economy, it's the least I can do to give back to a cool forum.

Hey Im not to stressed about it... It would be cool to have but I certainly don't want to put you in a bind over it Adam.... I haven't thought about it until this thread popped up.

So It looks like Mark is going to let me build this years trophy... I am pretty stoked about that.. Sounds like he has some other cool stuff to throw in with it as prizes... Im sure it will be a kick..

Hey and I hope I didnt stir up anything here.. Adam & Mark are both still on my "good guy" list and the last thing I want to do is make waves...

Im fairly new here, and have never participated in a build off.... yet. But here's an idea for you. Make it a traveling trophy.

The winner of the build off receives the trophy and holds onto it till the next buid off. While the trophy in is his possession... he "Adds" his own personal touch to the trophy. Then when the next build off comes around, he would ship it to the winner, where the process starts over.

Downside is that if everyone kept adding heavy stuff to it, the shipping would get expensive quick. plus it might not hold up in shipping.

zoso you are the man i will make it good for you i promise. life is just hard lately and i am just trying to keep on roll'in with the build and other "fun" things going on at home. oh that reminds me zoso i got the wheels in so bring it

Latest posts

Back