"BULL HONKY" aka JC Huffman

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you to everyone who liked the pedal idea.Heres the finished product.
huffman008_zps51ee3e33.jpg

Excellent idea on those pedals,I have a pair for a build...They cost a arm and a leg...Actually like this build,a step back in time...:thumbsup:

From experience just be careful with those pedals, they will tear you up if not. Have similar ones on my bike without the sharp points and the got me good a couple of days ago. Your look great though.

Thanks to all for the kind comments.Thanks for the warning about the pedals Mazdaflyer.Thought about dulling the points on them but then again most rat rods are a little dangerous.Got the headlight working yesterday.Working on hooking up the shifter now.
huffman014_zps27baa57e.jpg

Submitted to the Best Patina thread.

Carl.
Thank you very much GuitarCarl for submitting my bike to Best Patina thread.Means alot coming from the man making the trophy.Thanks Luke and Moistink,glad you approve,I've put a lot of time and thought into this build.Having a blast watching all of your builds.

Last edited:
Been doin some bodywork.Im a little rusty,been years since I worked at a bodyshop.Trying to blend in with with rust on tank.Might add a few bits of blue to match fenders.Made a trim piece to cover front seam out of an old fender bracket.Feelin the presure with more finished bikes being posted.
huffman016_zps1157c84c.jpg
huffman017_zps31f938aa.jpg

I like the seam cover up front. Looks natural.
The tank sectioning is invisible now. Nice work.
This is one of my faves of BONINE!

Thanks Kingfish.So since the shifter takes up space where horn would be I needed something cool to block the button hole.Thought a coin might look good.Even better a rusty coin.Thought of the 1943 tin pennies I have.Then I had to pick up the 43 license plate to go with it.Not sure if they would be considered doodads or just plain old accessories
huffman019_zps2384cbfa.jpg

Great stuff going on here!
With the splice blended in, and the added blue specks, the tank really looks fantastic. The trim piece is perfect (although the shiny screw would look better if it matched the others IMO). And I'm digging the penny!
No one could ever guess that this was once a girls bike, great job.:41:

Great stuff going on here!
With the splice blended in, and the added blue specks, the tank really looks fantastic. The trim piece is perfect (although the shiny screw would look better if it matched the others IMO). And I'm digging the penny!
No one could ever guess that this was once a girls bike, great job.:41:
Thanks Renaissance Man.Still not quite happy with my attempt at matching the patina of the fenders.Its not as easy as you made it look on your tank.And yes im still collecting rusty screws and hardware.That shiny one bothers me too.

Welded tab on for cable roller and hooked up shifter.Had to rebuild detent ball on shifter.Brass teeth in center had worn out allowing ball to escape.Found that headset bearing fit perfect.Added a bollt to limit throw of handle to just what I needed.
20140722_181032_zps4e8c5882.jpg

Latest posts

Back