burrito bike?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I forgot to mention!..........That is one cool lookin bike, Stretch. NICE work!

thanks guys. its definitly not too high, i scrape enough with the lack of clearance. oh and i sit so low that if i slouch, i can literally drag my knuckles on the ground. the "kickstand" is really hard to put up and down, so im calling it an anti-falling mechanism. :wink:

yep, now i remember the story. burrito's are so freakin kool, ya all just got to have one. nothing like one. here's my 20", still have to do a couple of things to it. it's pretty, just primer, rides real good too. lol

ELBANDITO014.jpg

ELBANDITO005.jpg

i put on a different fork and done a couple of other things to it. still need to do a couple of more things.

Outlaw

here's my main one (i made a few with the same design)

SANY0010.jpg

mine broke the complex chainline rule (though this bike has a idler now, so it's a little closer), so it's really just a stretch cruiser. i think i pulled the rake in too much also. seems like there was a no brakes rule at one time too. because this was my personal bike (i made the others for family) i used a wheel with a messed up coaster brake 'cause it was all i had left, but once i got the chance i fixed it and broke that rule too. a bike with no brakes is just a little more "fun" than i want to have. i've shown later pics before of this. it's a pretty compleat bike now (needs paint still though).

the "rules" were pretty much for fun anyway. once i got here people called this a burrito. that's fine. stretch, burrito, whatever. you're just building yourself something neat and cool to ride.

throwin' in my actual first one also

Picture150.jpg

this went through a few phases before it was rideable. it falls under the "if at first you don't succeed, cut it and try it again" category. started as a one speed i made for my brother, but hopefully will end up an 18speed harley bagger style bike.

i have been wanting to build a burrito since i saw kenny p's kung fuji when i first stumbled upon this sight....... so i hope if we do have an all out kustom bike build off i have about a dozen old 10speeds that are screaming chop me!!! so i know what i will be building...

The term may be recent, but the style is not.

I will work on getting a picture. These have been around longer than you might think. I saw an ad once for instructions how to build one. It looked like it was from the late 60's early 70's. My grandfather built a couple in the late '70's! using 10 speed donoe bikes. I have a picture somewhere; bell bottom pants and everything. When I find it I will post it. I actually rode one of them about 10 years ago. They were 10 feet long. The seats were about axle height. The steering had a chain going from a cog on the handlebars around a cog that was fixed to the front fork. The bikes easily had about 30 feet of chain each between steering and extending from the cranks under the seat and back up to the rear wheel.

Anyway, I don't beleive My grandfather was the first one to build a "burrito", but whoever it was was long before the internet. :wink:

How about some pictures of ya'll RIDING your burritos?
onei.jpg

burritoback.jpg

and I finally painted it, a $6 6 can paint job in metallic burrito brown. The FULL fenders help when you want to run into people, literally. It's low enough to have leaf-fights while riding.

DSCF1145.jpg

the lower the bike, the shorter the fall!

WE (I mean at least I) NEED TO KNOW MORE ABOUT BURRITOS???

Pics, builds, facts, etc.

I´m gonna build my version some day!
Skinny tire build off coming up January 1st. Perfect time to start!

Latest posts

Back