Burrito Build (progress pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am gathering parts for my next project, a Burrito. It probably wont really start until after New Years. It will be alot like my first one....
sandiegopic.jpg

Donor bikes........
IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0237.jpg

IMG_0239.jpg

The Raleigh 7 will be giving up the Nexus 7. I wont cut that one up,just put coaster brake single speed on it and probably sell it.
IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

The front end will be a knee action springer,its very rusty but it is solid.
IMG_0236.jpg

4.00 Kenda Flames and a tank

IMG_0240.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

I am thinking crossbar handelbars can be fabricated and I really want to make rear fender skirts.

Stay tuned........

Re: Burrito Build

awesome! good gathering of parts. cant wait.

Re: Burrito Build ( pics added)

I finally got started on this build but didnt make too much progress because of the football game(Cardinals,but that a whole different issue lol :x ) All butt joits are sleeved 3- 6". The HF pipe bender worked great bending the schedule 40 pipe that is being used for the bottom. The rear of the bike is off of the rusty 40s womens Hawthorne as is the front springer.As it sits right now it is over 9' with tires added in. I am going to cut it down about a foot for a couple of reasons...1st, I want it to fit in my truck. 2nd I don't want the handlebars to be that long. Im thinking the most stress will be where the bootom tube meets the rear.The solution was to cut up a donor fork ,put in some inserts to make snug and slide in 6".Nothing is welded at this point except the sleeve inserts. I might be able to get more work done Mon. if not it will be next Sat. I didnt use my homemade jig much,It needs to be securely conec cted to a level surface and at this stage there was just alot of bending and hammering. It will come in handy when it is time to weld.
IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0253.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

Re: Burrito Build

ahem.. thats what she said. :lol: sorry, had to. but it looks good! maybe you could make it cardinal inspired. :p

Yep, I knew it would be too long for practical purposes. I cut down around 14" which meant the stance was different so the bottom metal needed rebent. I was going to carry the arc of the top tube down, but then I noticed the nice curves the old donor bike had so I used that metal. The chainstays will tie into another set of stays to support the back,arched to match the radius of the wheel.
IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

Well its been forever since Ive done an update on this build. All of the welding has been done,I think. This bike has been cut,welded cut again at least 4 times.I finally have the right seat height,bars where they need to be as well as the crank. I was wondering if anyone ever had a build called "Swayback" ? I did a quick search and couldnt find one. That is the name that came to me today when I saw it assembled for the first time.Plus I can say I sit "sway" in the back :lol: I dont know the color scheme or what tires,hmmm perhaps some Fat Franks or brown Bricks.
With the kickstand out it sits at 8' 6"

swaybackhorse.jpg

IMG_0369.jpg

Very COOL!.............Maybe paint it brown, like the horsey.

KOTA said:
With one white sock (fork tip), conchos on the saddle, and leather bar end fringes.

KOTA said:

could do a white star (the horse kind not the shape) for a head badge too, that would be cool

Latest posts

Back