Burrito Scooter

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I've had this 24" step-through Schwinn Spitfire for several years, and this kids 12" scooter longer. Neither are worth very much, and neither have parts that I've needed on other builds.
IMG_1164.JPG

IMG_1166.JPG

IMG_1168.JPG

IMG_1169.JPG

A couple of years ago, there was a bit of a scooter revival, and I even built a few for others, but have never had one myself. My plan is to build a low, crusty scooter using most of the girl's Schwinn. Here's a sketch:
IMG_E1047.JPG

Is it going to actually be a burrito? No, I suppose not, but it is inspired by the burrito bike style, and it works as a clickbait title, I reckon. haha.

Looking foward to this. Been wanting to make one of those old school kick scooters, myself.

Added a set of taller bars that I had in the parts pile. Much more comfortable to ride. In fact, even though it's only tacked together, I've been kicking this thing all over the neighborhood.
IMG_1177.JPG
IMG_1178.JPG

In Hawaii I wanted to do the downhill ride from 10000 feet on Maui, a 3 hour ride. That would be perfect and would fly down the mountain.
Do you plan to use the coaster brake? I think a foot pedal would be good.

Latest posts

Back