Campground Buggy Trike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Useless" doodahs and gadgets start piling up in the respective box... ;)
I might spend some time later in the build to make this bike a worthy Berlin critical mass cruiser....
IMG_20210614_073538124_copy.jpg

Noooo.... not a mic to run the siren........

;)
No worries! 🤣🤣🤣
I'm thinking more of a soundsystem with mic plus siren plus horns (don't know where I stashed those) and underfloor lights...
But I have to score some cheap used speakers first...

Salvaged some material today for the final CAD mockup of the buggy trunk...
IMG_20210618_142750878_copy.jpg

But probably no real progress will happen until next week, when schools over.

The family is not very motivated to spend the next weekend on the campground, so it will be "Wannsee lido" instead abd the trike has to wait...
Strandbad_Wannsee_07.jpg

The family is not very motivated to spend the next weekend on the campground, so it will be "Wannsee lido" instead abd the trike has to wait...
View attachment 161803
Ha, finally the place i've been to :D
I like to cycle from Poznan where i live to Amsterdam, and i go by the road nearby where you live, but not exactly there. But this beach is the place i pass by every time :)

Ha, finally the place i've been to :D
I like to cycle from Poznan where i live to Amsterdam, and i go by the road nearby where you live, but not exactly there. But this beach is the place i pass by every time :)
Yes, a very nice place to spend a sunny sunday with the family.The campground with trike and caravan is almost exactly on the other side of the lake...

Today I finally managed to disassemble the buggy.
The starting point:
IMG_20210625_102333668.jpg

Getting rid of the upholstery:
IMG_20210625_104101019.jpg

Revealing some nice lines:
IMG_20210625_111130376_HDR.jpg

Knocking out the floor:
IMG_20210625_112308675.jpg

Walls are really made out of cardboard:
IMG_20210625_112840236_HDR.jpg

Some great craftsmanship reveals itself:
IMG_20210625_112858617.jpg

Nice pile of parts:
IMG_20210625_114113477_HDR.jpg

You do realize that you are building a cardboard mock-up buggy of a cardboard buggy? ;)

It looks like it is coming together well as something that is going to supremely rideable as well as stylish!

You do realize that you are building a cardboard mock-up buggy of a cardboard buggy? ;)
Now that you mention it... A bit weird, but cool.
It looks like it is coming together well as something that is going to supremely rideable as well as stylish!
I hope so! Now I have "just" to build the buggy trunk to be done... :whew:

That looks great! I really like the 'lines' of the buggy. Hopefully you can keep that curved back end, really sets it apart from most 'squared off' looking rear carriers.

That looks great! I really like the 'lines' of the buggy. Hopefully you can keep that curved back end, really sets it apart from most 'squared off' looking rear carriers.
Seeing it like this might bring me to rethink the idea of mounting the russian taillights...
But that decision is postponed for now.
First I have to build the box. So in the next few days I will go and buy me some precut plywood, dig out my flat dowel wood joiner and some other power tools and turn the balcony into a wood workshop...

Last edited:

That is pretty funny, but it looks cool.

Latest posts

Back