CAN ANYONE HELP ME ID THIS BIKE?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it is a western flyer from the grips. It appears to be red that was painted blue. No serial number, only MFG BY AMF on the rear wheel dropout.

Attachments

• IMG_9095.jpg
    IMG_9095.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_9096.jpg
    IMG_9096.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9097.jpg
    IMG_9097.jpg
    464 KB · Views: 27
AMF made their bikes in Little Rock Arkansas in the 50's and 60's, then moved to Illinois in 71. That looks to be a convertible sidewalk bike. It converts to a girl's bike by unbolting the tank at the rear and bolting it back up in the hole in the lower part of the seat tube. It looks to have some parts changed and probably was red. I think the grips were added, they look larger than a sidewalk bike may have come with.

AMF made their bikes in Little Rock Arkansas in the 50's and 60's, then moved to Illinois in 71. That looks to be a convertible sidewalk bike. It converts to a girl's bike by unbolting the tank at the rear and bolting it back up in the hole in the lower part of the seat tube. It looks to have some parts changed and probably was red. I think the grips were added, they look larger than a sidewalk bike may have come with.
Any guess on the year?

Where you saw the made by AMF, near the rear axle on the brake side, should be a number. Check the BB also, under the crank housing.
Maybe the blue repaint is covering it.
I'm guessing early 60's. I don't know if they put numbers on the sidewalk bikes.
If there is a number, it should begin with a letter. K-1960, L-1961, M-1962, etc.

Latest posts

Back