Canadian metal

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, you are going to be layed out on that bad boy! :rockout:
Hope it'll hold my weight, cuz I'm riding it if you bring it around
You know I will, I need to come up with longer handlebars I may not be able to reach from way back there but I have a plan

Really liking the lines on your frame! Can't say I've seen a frame like that before

IMG_20220613_184042020_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220613_181828605_HDR.jpg

Changed the handlebars now trying to figure out up or down

Attachments

• baby-meme-e1469873584707.jpg
    baby-meme-e1469873584707.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 28
View attachment 198039View attachment 198040
More fork size issues the new steerer tube is to long (I can cut that) and the holes don't line up now thought of flipping the spring but might just drill new holes. Not looking forward to it they need to be perfect
A lot of people have had that same problem with those springers, myself included. The angle of the spring bracket only lets it fit a certain length of head tube.
If you drill holes there in the legs, your tire will be closer to the crown although it may still fit. The integrity of the fork legs might be a problem and the look might not be what you want.
You could make short extensions for the top where the fork legs attack to the spring housing. It looks like they would have to be just long enough, about an inch and a half, for the holes for the bolts. That would keep the geometry of the fork and also it would look the same.
springer-fork-for-28-wheels.jpg

A lot of people have had that same problem with those springers, myself included. The angle of the spring bracket only lets it fit a certain length of head tube.
If you drill holes there in the legs, your tire will be closer to the crown although it may still fit. The integrity of the fork legs might be a problem and the look might not be what you want.
You could make short extensions for the top where the fork legs attack to the spring housing. It looks like they would have to be just long enough, about an inch and a half, for the holes for the bolts. That would keep the geometry of the fork and also it would look the same.
View attachment 198090
I was hoping one of you bike gurus would chime in with a better idea I was thinking off that was worried about folding there but two bolts should stop that

Creative work on the laid back seat post idea! Bike is looking good.

RaT oN~!

You can also adjust the rake of the fork with the position of the extension ahead or behind the bracket. Then just tighten it up and it should work fine.
Yes I have been thinking about it this Springer is very straightup that would throw it out front

Latest posts

Back