CanTANKerous -- WBO 2018 Vintage

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I never seem to get too far on the build-offs, but that won't stop me from trying to finish one. My entry will be this 1953 Roadmaster that I've christened "Cantankerous." Plans call for nothing more than a mild resto-ratting...mostly bodywork, paint, and mechanical refurbishment. Saddle will need some attention, but most everything else, just cosmetics.

PICT0178.JPG

Super detailing an awesome tank bike is always a winner.

Carl.

Love the color :thumbsup:

Those CWC Roadmasters are awesome.
Love the shrouded guards on them too.

Coming off a nasty bout of flu, but recovered enough to start work indoors. Figured I'd begin with the saddle...a Faulhaber product. Will need to fab one spring retaining clamp that was lost to time, then straighten the rails a tiny bit.

I could not find another example of a two-tone cover with piping, but this one doesn't appear UN-original. Anyone know the scoop?

IMG_20180110_170849.jpg
IMG_20180110_170819.jpg

Sigh...the weather here simply hasn't cooperated and I'm not about to paint in my living room. I'll eventually finish this build, but after the WBO deadline has passed--probably April or May. Just call it bad timing.

Latest posts

Back