captain americruiser...rideable!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ok. I know im late and all, but I just cant get this concept out of my head! it just came to me when I was checking out fordsnakes build.
the pans..disks..whatever you call them. caps shield would look great on top of the wheels! my head just went crazy from there! don't know exactly how it gonna go, or if ill be done on time. but what the heck. time to get building! my starting point is this badly painted 57' spitfire frame.
this is gonna be loud, proud and patriotic!
nuff said!

We now have three patriotic BONINE builds. You, me, and tanksalot. I look forward to seeing your C.A. moon discs.

got the tear down done. pics of my parts pile. I think im gonna do the frame blue, try to hand paint the scales like the capt pic. still unsure of what material to use as my moon disks. will prob strip the frame, forks and fenders tomarro. also trying to get bikes ready for the Lincoln swap next weekend.

im gonna try the corrugated plastic route on the wheel covers. hope it doesn't look to cheeezzy!

Metal trash can lids have been used before. You could also check out the toy store for some C.A. shields.

Metal trash can lids have been used before. You could also check out the toy store for some C.A. shields.
im gonna check out toys r us for the shields. my home depot and other stores wont sell the lids separately, and they want 28 bucks per trash can. I have to do this on the cheap! working on the tank today, will post more pics tomorrow.

Try comic stores and thrift stores. Why not try the tops of storage bins and paint them. The inserts made back in the day were vinyl or card board.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Anyone that uses red, white and blue with stars and stripes is cool with me! This should be a great build. Good luck.

a little bit of concept progress. just waiting on the Friday paycheck! pizza box mock up to get the stencil size correct. shield is a door skin mock up for the same reason.
parts list so far. crank and chain ring, gooseneck are from a 70's amf stationary bike. handlebars are a modern Schwinn. fenders are ? wheel set is mixed... a 50s model d ND rear coaster and a Wald 70sish front. I plan on fabricating some cap wings on the handlebars, old style captain America writing on the fenders and chain guard...mabey.
more to come after a busy swap meet weekend!!

Wow! Last year I did the Punisher. This year we have Cap. Great stuff man GTB!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back