Captain Awesomes Fresh Finds/General Ramblings

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The recycling drop off pays off again!!! Gotta love an affluent area where this is garbage

IMG_20210531_090959102.jpg
IMG_20210531_091032311.jpg
IMG_20210531_091021228.jpg
IMG_20210531_090956236.jpg

So onward and upward to the next builds........so many ideas, so little garage space 😂

Current list of items to collect!

• OCC fat rear wheel
  • OCC frame (or at least back half with BB)
  • Some more disk brake stuff (spares/options)
  • 20" cantilever frame (poor condition ok, will be chopped)
  • Good set of 20" alloy wheels
  • IGH (maybe a disk brake model?)

Not all for one project in case you were wondering what kind of witches brew this might be

Heading to Virginia this coming weekend for a family excursion to ride the famed Creeper trail. If all goes as planned not only will we get several good rides in on this 30 plus mile stretch of trail but I may be able to bring a couple of Trek bikes back with me. Trying to get the trade deal locked in so I know if I have to haul up the trade bikes

Heading to Virginia this coming weekend for a family excursion to ride the famed Creeper trail. If all goes as planned not only will we get several good rides in on this 30 plus mile stretch of trail but I may be able to bring a couple of Trek bikes back with me. Trying to get the trade deal locked in so I know if I have to haul up the trade bikes
I hope you visited Adam at the Damascus Brewery too!

No joy on the matching pair of Trek's. The guy emailed me back and said he already sold them both locally :( And since my entire biking budget went to home repairs I'm reliant on trading for the immediate future. Not as much power as cold hard cash

However, I may be picking up another Gary Fisher Wahoo frame exactly like the one above I scored from the dump!! Same color scheme and everything. Going to trade an old Indy XC fork for it

Last edited:
Lol I know all about the budget. Don't think I'm going to get the Brodie set up this year. Gonna have to wait til spring to ride that one. Might have to pare back the plans for the MBBO as well... Plus side is I can keep ripping up Nameless Hardrock and not feel too bad about winter abuse.

Current list of items to collect!

• OCC fat rear wheel
  • OCC frame (or at least back half with BB)

I'm bored and heavily medicated from surgery......... anybody got these? Don't forget I'm cheaper than cheap 😉

Latest posts

Back