CCM PAT 37 Single speed Coaster Break Hub

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELP!!! HELP!! I was going for a photo shoot with Red Rocket and my rear hub jammed and is now seized as tight as a drum. I was coming down a small hill and gently applied the break and side skidded a little bit but I released the break and continued on my decent freely. I had ridden for a bit more and she siezed up. It looks like it somehow bent....Help this is my everyday bike, yes she's old but I love her....first time she's let me down, I thought only girls did that. Not bikes.

Timbo

did the brake arm come unattached? IF so, you will have to take the wheel off and loosen the nuts that hold the hub guts together.

That Hub is at the LBS, so I was given a second from the head of the CCM vintage bike club. I think my bike is cursed. Becuase, I blew the tire riding to work and while I took the wheel off, noticed that one of the spokes was broken, from reading HUGOS info, the spoke was not tightened enough and broke. Also I was able to replace it.

Anyhow folks I had to take the cartridge out of the hub to get the Cog gear off and well....I uhm....yeah,wasn't paying attention and now I have a piece that just doesn't seem to go where it should.

I was amazed at how simple the CCM Patent 37 single speed coaster hub is. The thing is it has two little triangular pieces of metal (cams?). One fits into it's spot easily, or what I think is it's spot ad there's a larger one which seems not to fit where it should....If I had a diagram of a CCM 37 coaster break assembly I would be fine, But nooooo finding one is impossible.....

HELP!!!!

Timbo

how to install a CCM PAT 37 Single speed Coaster Break Hub

EDIT I'm going to answer my own query.

I was surprised to find the Patent 37, at none other than the Canadian patent office. See description and drawings here http://brevets-patents.ic.gc.ca/opic-cipo/cpd/eng/patent/367918/summary.html And here's a nice photo of the guts intact. http://www.cyclebetting.com/06/2011...cm-coaster-brake-losta-pictures-and-closeups/

Like Timbo, I have the same problem and am looking for the same schematic. My hub fell apart in my hands and I can't figure out how to configure those little pieces.

Timbo - did you figure it out? Do you recall how it went together?

thanks,

--todd.

I’m working in the same hub and tried the links but they are either broken or the image (patent site) is no longer available. Does anyone have an digital copy i could get. Thanks!

Latest posts

Back