Charity case

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just found these pics in my cammera and thought I'd share. Heres a bike that I did earlier this spring for one of the kids in our church. I had ask him and his brother when it was just getting warm if they were ridding thier bikes yet and eight year old Reid got this really sad look on his face and told me "My bike got crushed" I talked to his parents and found out that the FedEx guy ran over it because it was left in the driveway. I took his crushed bike home with me found a doner frame and some extre parts and bulit this up for him. The frame is an old X Games BMX, the rims came off of a very rough Mini Thrasher and it has a hollow head bolt like I always wanted when I was a kid. He ask me to make sure there were lights (aka reflectors) on it because they're cool, usually the first thing I rip off of a bike. The only cost was one tube, one tire and two cans of spray paint, he told me that he would like a red and blue bike. Grand total for this build $13 which Reid paid me as a responsibility lesson. I love building bikes for kids who will appreciate them and take them off of some sweet jumps :D ...Kelly
005ye9.jpg

When I delivered the bike he was feeding the chickens, hence the boots
006ji8.jpg

Actually Kev, you kinda inspired this one. This was shortly after you had that Torker for sale and I was bit by the BMX bug...Kelly

nogoodnic42 said:
Actually Kev, you kinda inspired this one. This was shortly after you had that Torker for sale and I was bit by the BMX bug...Kelly
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:

isn't it Funny how Life works...
the Paths that unfold...

I have been Bit buy the BMX Bug myself!

I'm gonna get me a 24 incher when I grow up :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back