Cheapest bike.....best ride!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have had many road bikes that cost me a few bucks, Trek (a few), Look, Raleigh and a few others
but this bike for 35. and 35. for tires is the best and smoothest ride of them all!
It pedals so smoothly, rolls forever downhill and shifts flawlessly. Brakes are really strong
and silent when applied. The stock Avocet seat is more comfortable then my Fizik, Brooks
and Bontranger saddles! Always was much more tired after a ride on them compared to
this bike. I am the same weight and shape now as I was then! First Japanese bike I have had...
maybe that's got something to do with it? It's a Shogun 400 12 speed Chromium Molybdenum.
No negatives on this bike. Has anyone have or had one?
sg1.jpg
sg2.jpg

Japanese Steel is outstanding and has been for a long time.

Saint Sheldon Brown on the Iswhiwata-Built Bianchis:

While Bianchi is best known as an Italian brand, it was having bicycles built in Japan to its specifications for several years in the late 1980s. These were particularly nice bikes, with better workmanship than the Italian models.

The Panasonic-Built Schwinn frames are something I always have had available to throw a leg over since 2007. In the 25"/63cm size frames, the downtube is not butted and they are able to take the weight of larger riders while not compromising the liveliness of the ride.

Japanese Steel is outstanding and has been for a long time.

Saint Sheldon Brown on the Iswhiwata-Built Bianchis:

While Bianchi is best known as an Italian brand, it was having bicycles built in Japan to its specifications for several years in the late 1980s. These were particularly nice bikes, with better workmanship than the Italian models.

The Panasonic-Built Schwinn frames are something I always have had available to throw a leg over since 2007. In the 25"/63cm size frames, the downtube is not butted and they are able to take the weight of larger riders while not compromising the liveliness of the ride.
I have an old pre Schwinn World brand road bike that is Panasonic frame as well. Great bike.

Latest posts

Back