check out my crusty cruiser build. maybe help give it a name?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is pure garbage.

DSC01161.JPG

DSC01162.JPG

way nicer no clue on brand found it in my spare parts box.

DSC01163.JPG

yes new all black tires are 20X 2.125 . had to throw on a new Cult chain. the vintage one that sold on this bike. snapped pedaling up a hill over the freeway. lucky there was a bike shop at the street corner back side of that hill. so just coasted to bike shop.
I think you mean 26x2.125... Cool bike.. Razin..

Just saw that you had to thread down the ladies steertube to fit you mens headtube. The problem with that is you still have the full length upper springer section, so now the top section of the fork is pushed out farther and the lower fork legs are pushed back. For now that will only give your fork less rake and more trail on your steering. But you may want to make sure that the springer section can't actually spring. Otherwise, if it does, it won't take much for it to push the wheel and fender all the way back until it hits your downtube. This could prevent you from turning when you need to or worse case make the wheel lock up on the fender and send you flying. Just be careful.
One solution could be to fabricate a shorter spring bracket from some Home Depot flat bar stock.

1631731512951.png

Just saw that you had to thread down the ladies steertube to fit you mens headtube. The problem with that is you still have the full length upper springer section, so now the top section of the fork is pushed out farther and the lower fork legs are pushed back. For now that will only give your fork less rake and more trail on your steering. But you may want to make sure that the springer section can't actually spring. Otherwise, if it does, it won't take much for it to push the wheel and fender all the way back until it hits your downtube. This could prevent you from turning when you need to or worse case make the wheel lock up on the fender and send you flying. Just be careful.
One solution could be to fabricate a shorter spring bracket from some Home Depot flat bar stock.

View attachment 173263
so fare no steering issue. all I did was add a few threads to fork tube. head set was bottoming out be for it hit top of my frames head tube/bearing cup.. then I added head set lock spacers to jack the spring deal thing back to the factor Hight it would have in the stock frame.

well decided long as the front wheels off. to tackle the rusted shut nut & bolt that was on the fork to hold fender. so after a lot of Hack sawing, filing cursing and rocking back and forth with pliers . it broke off. quick detour to hardware store. for new nut bolts and washers. I could use the hole on my fender line up the fender lock / bolt it down to fork. then threw on the blue tire. loven it. next will be the rear when I have free time.

DSC01166.JPG

Latest posts

Back