Cherry Bomber

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
  • The Buzzer beater Bomber Bobber
001-4.jpg
006.jpg
013-1.jpg
008.jpg
011-1.jpg
009-1.jpg
007.jpg

Do you ever hit the button to the garage door and watch it close thinking to yourself ... "I could still make it" ? :lol: Love the guard man, nice Fin !!!

• Thanx , Skip .
While I had originally planned to build a more ratty & traditionally styled bike for the BO , the parts came together and dictated the direction of this build . I'm happy with how it turned out , I ended up with a great prize :mrgreen: A nice RIDEABLE bike w/ 5 gears , comfy hand position , and the seat post is easily adjustable to 3-4 inches taller . I just need to pad & upholster the seat after the dust settles , for my tender old behind . :?

And finally .....
  • A breakdown of parts used the construction of The " Cherry Bomber "
  • Frame : Early 60's Evans cantilever
  • Crank : Unknown make 20 or 24"er short throw with an early skiptooth sprocket I bought a few years back at a swap meet
  • Pedals : Repro Torrington Deluxe Signal pedals as used on the Columbia Repops , bought about 5 or 6 years ago at Carlisle swap meet for $30
  • Rear wheel set up : A Sturmey Archer 5 speed internal with roller drum brake , acquired thru a trade with member VoyageAl , with one of the skiptooth conversion cogs available on Ebay , laced into a Lobdell style repro rim acquired with the sprocket , with Heavy Duty spokes .
  • Front wheel assembly : The rim was found at the local hardware store ( They're bike guys ) dressed with a Shimano Disc brake set up from a Panasonic bike a friend gave me for free
  • Rear Tire : Jerald white wall Sulky tire
  • Front tire :Vintage Tri Band Supreme3 pin white , 1.75"
  • Forks : Started with '53 Monark Knee action , added a 1/2 leaf spring from a golf cart , tied togetherwith the struts off my BFK
  • Handle Bars : Also from my BFK
  • Headlight : Was a hand held light , picked up at the flea market for a couple of bucks
  • Headbadge : Custom made by axsepul
  • Gooseneck : Unknown Repro , used to be on my Fleetline till I found a good original
  • Grips : NOS red Bullet grips
  • Levers : NOS set from Bicycle Heaven , also on the bars , are a set of Ebay mirrors & a small bell I got at Canfeild swap meet , where I also bought the Evans
  • Shifter : Unknown brand Twin Tube 5 speed shifter , from KZ1000
  • Seat post : Custom made from Murray seat post & 5/8 bar , with skull buttons soldered on
  • Seat : Messinger pan ( the kind with the molded rubber cover ) fitted to a long spring frame with a cool light mounted underneath
  • Fenders : Came from a European girls bike I got at Canfeild also the same day . Both fenders were cut from the rear , so I still have the front for another Bobber :wink:
  • Chainguard : The centerpiece , half original Evans , half from the same girls bike that gave up the fenders . I was originally just thinking of using the whole guard , and was just laying it on there , before I realized how it had to be the Bomb
  • And finally the paint ,: Applied by me with an assortment of spray bombs ,most of which were already in the paint cabinet , main colors are semi gloss black , with Victory red front , the chainguard is red metallic with candy red overcoat , and the fenders are a silver metallis that resmbles aluminum
There's lots of little parts and pieces that go into a build that go unmentioned , but , that pretty well covers it . Thanks all for looking and your support , and thank you to Steve for hosting the opportunity to build this .

Someone needs to give this bike the love of another vote to get it into double digits!!!
Muscle bikes need love too!!!! This is sweet!

Latest posts

Back