Chimera BMX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Chimera is a straight-up street BMX monster. You don't strike me as the sort. It's not a cruiser or great off-road.
I'm a life long hot rodder and have participated in many types of racing...dirt, mud, road, track...two wheel and four. I love speed...I love power.

Lightweight with a big block...that is 'my' kind a rig.

I'm a life long hot rodder and have participated in many types of racing...dirt, mud, road, track...two wheel and four. I love speed...I love power.

Lightweight with a big block...that is 'my' kind a rig.
How about you vs me on bicycle?

Oh, and don't forget the most important thing. . . BBQ

Very cool. I’m into it. Anyone familiar with the gt3 belt jackshaft system? I wanna replicate it for my ebike project. I imagine it’s borrowed from the gas motorized bikes or go kart world?

Hopefully there is enough marketing to complete the crowdfunding...100 bikes?
Looks like less than 20 may all that's needed to reach the goal (100 is the production run). They are almost 2/3rds to the goal with 11 bikes ordered so far.

I think I'm out. I rode around Saturday on my 26" BMX...and today on my roomiest 24" BMX. I don't think that configuration cuts it for what I need an ebike for.

Big question...do you take trades? :grin:

Welcome to RRB! Congrats on your creation... fantastic...wish you nothing but success.

Given the nature of this site, after you become established, will you be offering components separately? Motors, controllers, drivetrain components?

Big question...do you take trades? :grin:

Welcome to RRB! Congrats on your creation... fantastic...wish you nothing but success.

Given the nature of this site, after you become established, will you be offering components separately? Motors, controllers, drivetrain components?
Ha! Thank you! We actually just crossed the threshold into "fully funded". The whole process has been both exciting and nerve-wracking. Yes we'll be selling the motor and drivetrain components. They won't be all that useful to most riders, because they only fit on frames that have been custom built with the motor plates and "upper bracket" that we've designed. But we'll certainly provide the components to any frame-makers who feel comfortable tackling that and are only purchasing for personal use.

Excellent...thanks, Austin. There are a lot of talented builders here...so, it definitely could happen.

I noticed elsewhere on the net that you were willing to do a zero cost beefier wheel build for any clydesdale customers...and a shot at picking a specific serial if desired. Figured that it should be mentioned here as well for any potential buyers.

Excellent...thanks, Austin. There are a lot of talented builders here...so, it definitely could happen.

I noticed elsewhere on the net that you were willing to do a zero cost beefier wheel build for any clydesdale customers...and a shot at picking a specific serial if desired. Figured that it should be mentioned here as well for any potential buyers.
Yes that's correct. In general, we're trying to give a personal touch to each of these first orders. It's the confidence of our very first riders that are helping us realize this vision.

I know it's early in the game, but are there any plans to expand the range by about a couple of inches? A 26" wheeled option would be my preference

Latest posts

Back