Chopper project, still unnamed

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hey guys!
Currently I'm collecting parts for my chopper project.
The frame is a Switchblade copy that will be painted in flat black. I will add a piece of metal to the left drop out which will hold the rear light. Also I need to add something fix the cables to the frame. Any ideas?
The rims got painted in a nice and bright red, and how else should it be, I'm using white wall tires. Fatty-O on a 2.5" wide 24" rim in the back driven by a 3 speed centrix hub with stick shifter. The shifter will be attatched close to the drop out.
I just got the saddle from a Felt Bandit with a black seatpost.
For the beginning I'll stick to the cheap and crapy fork that came with the frame but as soon as I can I'll get myself two bridges and build myself a double down fork.
I'm still undecided on which handlebar to use. I got a big ape but can imagine that a straight drag bar would look cool too.
For the rear light I used a motorcycle turn signal and changed the LEDs to red. I already used that light on my last project:
1-3b5030d336ca52a9.jpg

I still need a few parts and ideas, but in the next few days, after I finished moving, I will start the build.

Someone (or thing) walking around, without a name, usually has ...."AMNESIA"

KOTA said:
Someone (or thing) walking around, without a name, usually has ...."AMNESIA"
or got seriously wasted the night before, like it seems to have happened to me... darn jack daniels...

I got myself a '70s Centrix 3speed hub. They never made it to the market in the 70s due to patent issues. However, they're for sale now and I like the shifter even tough I might change it to a DIY shifter someday
069centrix_p1.jpg

I'm gonna use this rim in 24" for the rear wheel.
4cmfelge_p1.jpg

the rim already got painted in a bright red. rattlecan paintjob but I'm satisfied with the outcome. gonna take a picture when I'm not feeling like throwing up any second...

since I'm moving house these days, I have to leave the project waiting for another two or three weeks until I got all my stuff in my new apartement.
Yesterday, while painting the walls, I also got tons of new ideas for some projects, mostly kind of theme bikes. I'll see which one will make it out of my head and onto the streets...

Unless this is a TopSecret bike..Dude Let's see some pics!
cat-almost_ran_over_u.jpg

currently the "bike" it only a box full of bike parts like the posted hub with shifter and the rim.
I guess I'll manage to make some photos of the complete rear wheel, the parts I've collected for this project so far and the frame which is in a really poor condition, but hey, it's just a copycat frame (Nirve Switchblade).

Did someone say somthing about
Mad_Skillz.jpg

Latest posts

Back