Christmas Bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right now I'm building one in the muscle build off, plus I'm building piles of parts for 3 mountain bikes I'm restoring with upgrades. Also building plans for next summer's Build Off

I was just wondering if any of you fix up older bikes and give to people you know or charity groups? Just curious about those with extra bikes and parts.
Sometimes charity groups have ulterior motives and/or massive ego issues, so I tend to avoid them. In choosing to still be charitable or participate in giving during any season, I normally build at least three bikes a year to gift to someone who needs a bike.

I like the person to person aspect better than one of the charity agencies.
Your post reminded me about a tire-swap on a bike gifted to a friend on Christmas five years ago. It's still a largely bomb-proof coaster brake townie and has kept its looks as well. New blackwall Panaracer Pasela 27x1 tires and thorn-resistant tubes were installed while catching up with him yesterday afternoon. He's starting a new job just down the street from his place this week, so he's set for transpo.

Latest posts

Back