Chrome Schwinn Paramount, now with photos!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I found it but don't have it. It's at a Goodwill priced at $700, but only about 80% original components (different seat, bars, brake levers ect.). It's the road bike I've always wanted but $700 is really a stretch right now for me, grrrr what to do!

Re: Chrome Schwinn Paramount

I think I might want to be a Paramount expert before I handed a Goodwill $700 for a bike.

I'd hate to think how they determine their prices. :roll:

They had two printed ebay auctions for other Paramounts, one for $2500 another for $3000, can't tell if they're sold or not. I did quite a bit of research before hand. They had it at $1200 but marked it down 2 days ago.

Hand built to order high quality frames and top end components.

Machine Age Victim said:
Besides, its tax deductible ;-)

Smart man. :mrgreen:

Depending on the individual example the frame alone could easily be worth 7 Franklins. Provenance is king though, and you appear not to be getting any of that. :|

Thanks to everyone for the input and info! After looking over the frame identification guides I can state with 98% certainty that it's a 24" 1972 P13-9. The non-original parts would be the seat, possibly the seatpost, the handlebars/grips/levers which are of the same era so likely change by the original owner, all things I plan to change back to OEM. Also, the top tube cable clamps are shimano not Campangolo and the clips and straps are missing, otherwise every nut and bolt is original. I haven't bought a bike I regretted buying and I've always dreamed of owning a Paramount (I've been a roadie since I was 15) so this bike isn't going anywhere for awhile, if I needed to, I would sell my Kestrel before I sold this.

Here's some pics:
2osr.jpg

el5w.jpg

ffkf.jpg

0qhl.jpg

4bl6.jpg

9lg7.jpg

rf54.jpg

I saw a guy wheeling a red paramount out of goodwill outlet one day. He had a huge smile on his face. He knew what he had. Probably the only other bike guy in there that day.
When I pick up bikes there I usually get them for $10-$15 depending on how nice and complete they are.

She's a beauty. Can't believe someone made a cruiser out of a Paramount.

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
She's a beauty. Can't believe someone made a cruiser out of a Paramount.

Sadly I can, a while back someone here found a twin flex tall bike so there are plenty of people out there who just don't know.

Latest posts

Back