Chromoly frame and fork deerhead Deore LX group MTB

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:
Complete bike in working order, all original except for seat, lock-on grips. Tioga stem, smooth working thumb shifters, added aluminum skewers, tires appear original even though there is no age cracking of the rubber I replaced tubes and rim strips. the Year is unknown to me sometime around 1988-1992.
Is there a link missing?

Or pictures? We might be able to help identify.
Shimano products are stamped with a date code. If the bike is in your possession you can narrow down the date a little bit.

Or pictures? We might be able to help identify.
Shimano products are stamped with a date code. If the bike is in your possession you can narrow down the date a little bit.
Yes I am in possession and am at least the 3rd owner so little info was passed along to me. I looked around at the Shimano parts and there aren't any numbers visibly there with bike completely assembled. The left crank arm has only residue from a sticker that has long been gone. The right side has a sticker though I couldn't get my eyes, a lighted magnifying glass or even camera focus clear in a photo.

Latest posts

Back