Cleanest Schwinn Cruiser I have ever seen.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The full bike shot is the one from the CL ad. I saw the blue Stem and the BMX forks and went to pick it up. I figured I'd use them to make some kind of strand cruiser but this thing was the cleanest old bike, 87, that I have ever had. I can't even imagine parting it out now. The woman even txt me to ask for my address so she could send me the owners manuel (see instagram pics from the manuel...schwinn hates choppers). I am on the fence on flipping this one. The aftermarket grips and bars are perfect and this thing has a great riding position. :? I never thought I would get this attached to a mid 80s canti.

Wow that is clean. It's already a nice time capsule strand cruiser in my eyes. 8)

I'd swap the bars and grips for something more stylish and leave it alone. Cool bike!

I like the warning about putting chopper forks on the bike. But if you look at the picture of the kid it sure looks like he's having fun.

SWeet ride! IVe seen a few of those on craigs here in ARizona and they pretty much
seem to be an update to the 19 70s speedster with cantilever frame in small size
only. beach cruiser fat fork is only real structural difference.
I want one....

Rizzoguy said:
beach cruiser fat fork is only real structural difference.
I want one....

Yeah its a classic design! I dig the bmx forks and stems. I also like how the cable bosses are brazed onto the frame. cleans up the look. hope you get one! If I could find some gold ano 26" rims I'd be...golden! I'd put this gold stem on it to match!

shawn57187 said:
That bike would look great with some gold araya / ukai rims! It would fit with the BMX look and still be correct for the vintage :wink:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMX-cruiser-Gol ... 416d6e0c90

HA! RP sent me the same link! I think its a sign. I have it on watch. if they stay at the same price I am going to grab'em! Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Back