Clipper.....? Looks like a columbia.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No great story behind it. I saw it in some guys rafters and asked if he was selling it. "NO" He said he'd trade for a tandem. Took me about a month to come up with a mid 90's body glove tandem frame. Deal struck! Not sure what it is. Clipper but looks like a columbia style bike. Made in USA by the Westfield company. Orange and yellow paint obviously not original. Looks to have been painted a long time ago. Any one know how to remove without removing the original paint thats under?

9120668234_db8e5a19d6_c.jpg

9118440947_18abc778fa_c.jpg

This came from the same guy.

9118554999_57f06ea7cf_c.jpg

Both are very nice finds. 8)

To remove non-original paint, try some Easy Off oven cleaner....takes housepaint right off. If you need something stronger, use acetone sparingly.

deven_science said:
I'm not an expert, but the couple of Westfield badged bikes I've run across were both Columbia made. Saw a cool one today that a bike show.

Isn't it the other way around? The Columbia bikes you saw were Westfield made, or am I wrong? I'm not an expert either. :oops: Gary

B607 said:
deven_science said:
I'm not an expert, but the couple of Westfield badged bikes I've run across were both Columbia made. Saw a cool one today that a bike show.

Isn't it the other way around? The Columbia bikes you saw were Westfield made, or am I wrong? I'm not an expert either. :oops: Gary

Hmm. I saw a Westfield badged bike this weekend, and an old man that I know to be an expert thought it a Columbia, but a little research on Mr. Columbia's site (http://www.vintagecolumbiabikes.com/id65.html) shows you may be closer to the truth. At that time, Columbias were made by the Westfield Manufacturing Co.

Back