IMG_20210617_165759.jpg

IMG_20210617_165518.jpg

IMG_20210617_165555.jpg

IMG_20210617_165750.jpg

Ok, it,s not a Schwinn, but still..
IMG_20210617_165636.jpg

Build Thread

Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the appreciation, but i often have the feeling that the bikes i build piece themselves together with me as a mere mediator.
As if the parts were destined for each other..

Reaction score
Everything works together here, Karl! Nicely done! :113:

Reaction score
Nicely done! I really like the way it turned out. Is it a 24 or 26? Is the seat a combination of the cruiser seat bottom and bmx seat top? Should be a fun ride, nice work!

Reaction score
It,s a 26 inch, i cut out the top of a rotten cruiser seat, and traced it on the seatpan.
Then i cut out the seatpan with a stanly knife and used doublesided tape and bolts to put it together..

Reaction score
It,s a 26 inch, i cut out the top of a rotten cruiser seat, and traced it on the seatpan.
Then i cut out the seatpan with a stanly knife and used doublesided tape and bolts to put it together..
That's a great idea! I think I'll try that with one of my junk saddles.

Reaction score
Thanks Bart, would be nice to go for a ride sometime.
Been a while since i have been in Twente
Unfortunately any activity that involves the risk of any type of traumatic brain injury with or without helmet is too dangerous for me, considering the fact i can have unpredictable nocturnal epileptic convulsions which can lead to hospitalization, neuronal loss, amnesia and cognitive decline.
Any head injury can worsen my condition, so i would love to go for a ride, but i gotta pick my own speed and risk assesment, especially since i have never really have been off-road riding at all..

Reaction score
Unfortunately any activity that involves the risk of any type of traumatic brain injury with or without helmet is too dangerous for me, considering the fact i can have unpredictable nocturnal epileptic convulsions which can lead to hospitalization, neuronal loss, amnesia and cognitive decline.
Any head injury can worsen my condition, so i would love to go for a ride, but i gotta pick my own speed and risk assesment, especially since i have never really have been off-road riding at all..

That a bummer man! I'll leave you to decide the ride then. Luckily, the singletracks here consist of "technical parts" and straight parts. General rule with our group when mountainbiking is: pick your speed at the fun technical sections, then wait for everyone after that technical bit, so no pressure.

Good luck with the votes next month!

Reaction score
Slick idea. Gives me an idea on how to make my old tractor style seat ridable at height. :cool2::thumbsup:

Reaction score
I had a brother who suffered grand mal epileptic seizures. It really limited what he could do. I built a couple of radio controlled model sailboats and he and I found sailing them very pleasurable. We sailed those two boats for 20 years before he passed. Good luck with your condition.