Cockpit shots only

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hold My Beer :D

1657904189196.png

Very nice cruiser. Are the rims wooden?? That would double the cool factor without doubt.

Not wood. Clear coated over original 1953 painted rims then laced up a Nexus3 with primer red spokes. June 2013 pic of Firewing being built for RRB BO8

1657931876979.png

Chillin during a ride with a little Italian Ice

20220716_153126.jpg

Last edited:
King Fish beat me to it and posted an excellent photo of moss filled trees. I'll post my imperfect pictures from a couple of days ago anyway.

One of my favorite things about the deep south is the Spanish Moss hanging from the trees. To me the moss is one of the best symbols of the old south. It conjures up mystery, swamps, and forests.

These shots are across the handlebars of my Schwinn. I actually had been listening to Seven Bridges Road and road over to the closest moss beside of the road in my neighborhood.

"There are stars in the southern sky
Southward as you go
There is moonlight and moss in the trees
Down the seven bridges road . . .

There are stars in the southern sky
And if ever you decide you should go
There is a taste of time sweetened honey
Down the seven bridges road"

The oaks are "Live Oaks," the short palms are actually "Palmettos," which are shrubs. There are taller "Sable" or what we call cabbage palms (as in swamp cabbage) in some of the pictures also. The Swamp Cabbage is our state tree and we eat it.:happy:

20220715_150728.jpg

20220715_150809.jpg

20220715_151214.jpg

One more. I didn't take it but this is Magnolia Ave., in St. Augustine, FL. They refer to it as the most photographed street in America. Not sure about that claim.

st.augustine_florida_us_magnolia-avenue_canopy.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back