RRBBO13 coke hauler 80's huffy coke promo bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well I was not going to enter this years build off due to no time nor finding a suitable candidate, then this guy fell into m hands.
I made an offer on this bike for 40 dollars a few weeks ago but one thing led to another things broke people got hurt and money went flying out the window( y'all know the feeling lol) and I was unable to purchase it.
so, I had a 1979 Schwinn collegiate 10 with the ffs system I gave them awhile back but kept the wheels for another project. in time those wheels rusted thru and I ended up tossing them.
being disappointed, he took the bike but was not sure he could use the ffs system. ( front freewheel freewheel is on the crankset not the rear wheel) well I came across ladies bike that was mangled and had th same ffs system, so I took the wheelset off and had planned on giving them to m lbs so he could build the bike up.
I called him to inform him I got the wheels and he informed me the shops owner had stated if I found the wheels he would trade me this bike straight up. not expecting this I decided I would jump on the opportunity to save this bike from an unknown fate.
well here she is as I found her needing lots of work but still cool and I now have a buildoff bike.
plans are to keep it rather simple some fresh paint, fresh blood ,and fresh grease and oil and to remove those godawful hard rubber tires I hate those things lol. I am also going to either build or find a coke wooden crate for the back of the bike. and replace the decals and puta coke seat on it as well.
I have tried many experiments with different ides, and had about a 99 percent fail ratio, so my luck is not so hot so keeping it simple.
a couple ideas i have are to add fan wheels and whitewalls possibly a springer if I can get the budget for it definitely a fresh coat of paint and new decals ad complete teardown which will begin tonight the name comes from treacherous road in Canada called the coquihalla highway ( pronounced cockahaula see how it fits lol)or the coke as it is known a very dangerous stretch of Canada highway 2 and seeing as this bike feels about as dangerous ATM, I feel the name fits but I am sure it will change more updates soon here is my beginning point btw the plastic tank is very nice and not cracked
100_2277.JPG

Cool wheelin and dealin!
Next comes the Stylin and Profilin! Whooooooooo!

Cool wheelin and dealin!
Next comes the Stylin and Profilin! Whooooooooo!
oh yeah stylin is next I discovered when tearing this bike down it is actually not a cantilever frame but rather a cheap version of a camelback frame if only it was a true camelback but im ok with this I got some plans for whitewalls and a lot of paint and bodywork mainly paint the frame and tank are in decent shape

more updates and lots of progress main one being I discovered the squeal of death I was getting from the bottom bracket when I disassembled the bottom bracket I discovered the right side bearing cup was not only falling apart but bent so it will be replaced got the bike about 90 percent torn down next step finish tearing it down and figuring out what will work and what won't my box o goodies will be used for the rack and almost everything in the box will go on the bike pimpin aint easy but someone gotta do it lol them hard
100_2281.JPG

this was the right side ebaring when I found t definitely a issue
100_2282.JPG

inside looks good but not sure I will have to look more thorough before I begin reassembly
100_2283.JPG

these are the replacement ebarings I will run once I clean them up and regrease them they will be good to go
100_2284.JPG

this frame is rather interesting not quite a camelback but I remember huffy doing this with their smaller frames back in the day cantilever without the center downtubes
100_2285.JPG
my box o goodies everything in here is going to go on this build I am going to revamp my dual speedos etup one of my successful experiments that worked well headlight and taillight and bell and dynamo all going on it I also have 2 rear racks gotta choose which one will be used for the crate mount

Mmm, Rat n' Coke...
(hey is that lawnmower part of the parts pile?)

Carl.
nope that's my mower found it in the trash on collection day and all I had to do was drain the carb bowl and it fired right up great mower at an even greater price im not above picking the trash if there is something good there the window weigths are something different as well man my operating table is amess lol

I like tanks as much as the next guy, but dang, that's a sweet looking frame without the tank.
i agree I may leave it as is without the tank however the problem with that is to make this build the way I want it the tank is part of it still undecided if I will leave it tankless or not we shall see but yeah I love this frame

yeah, cool frame!
thans yeah this frame is really sweet option b I have considered is build an adult thunder road out of it but that is unlikely due to finding an adult sized loafpan seat and sissybar that will fit the frame resembles these older huffy's though it would be a cool alternative and not too hard since I have most of the parts already hmmm now im thinking
010_copy98_lg.jpg

mocking up and throwing parts at coke hauler to see if I like them tires are on loan from my broken down nel lusso but they may stay got the rear rack sorted light mounted but it may change location and definitely a different seat I hate the seat on this but it is just there for mocking up definitely painting it and doing some bodywork to the fenders and chainguard obviously nothing is painted nor mounted yet but this will be the general idea still working on the dual speedo setup and a few details tires have plenty of clearance they are 26x 2.125 vs the 26x2.0 hard rubbers it originally had wheels are the originals untouched as of yet still got lots of work to do and aloooot of painting and decals to be ordered still may ad fan wheels but unsure budget will allow
100_2296.JPG
100_2297.JPG

Last edited:
gonna try and mount my saddlebags on this i had on my huffy but i will need to colormatch them so i am going to do coke red with a white wave down the sides i will snap a photo of the saddlebags once i dig them out

we got a rider( sort of ) i took her for a ride today after doing some sanding and prepping the frame for paint this bike rides bout a rough as a covered wagon down an escalator the wrong way!! but it does indeed ride of course it is nowhere near done i am just trying parts to see what will work and what won't got the rear rack mounted and getting ready to build the box for it my dual speedo setup is a no go i broke one of the gears so it will not function i may still mount it though and look fo a new head ( giggity) lots more work to do i can begin paint now i got the frame all cleaned and ready for paintwork t is actually ot in too bad of shape per se but definitely going to paint it here she is after her trial run
100_2382.JPG

Latest posts

Back