Colson Resto Rod

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok I made some observations today. I realized two things . The Marx toy motors won’t line up the way I planed due to a straight frame tube in the front versus a curved frame tube. Also I feel like they need to be on a late 1950s to mid 1960s bike. The other thing I noticed is the drop stand is in the way of the exhaust and plate bracket. The good news is last years build off bike is perfect for the motors. Also the plate bracket can go on my other build off bike from a few years back . I still have other interesting ideas for the Colson Resto Rod. I still plan on making plate brackets and exhaust for other bikes.
E70F1A6D-A204-4C68-ABED-D27CCF4FE55D.jpeg

Last edited:
I took a few minutes today and added these motors to last years build off bike. I bought them with the intention of using them on the Colson . But they didn’t have the right look for the age of the Colson and the frame didn’t have a front curved tube . I wish I had the toy motors for last years Columbia Apache build. As you can see they are way better suited for the Columbia frame.
FB69D1B4-0A65-4EDC-B9D3-ED080C75957F.jpeg

I was a good bit behind on your build. Shame the Marx brothers wouldn't fit, but that Colson is loaded with style man!!!
Great looking bike!!!

Do we get to see the 'Resto your modifications, or are you calling this one good?

1629688116881.png

Well, three gears on your wagon, and you're still rollin' along!

Latest posts

Back