Columbia A&W Bike. 197? 's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a cool find I picked up, I think it was last week
I'm not too concerned about the Valuation part, as that can have a wide swing according to what one perceives as 'value'
Just trying to pin down the YEAR.
Stamped underneath on Bottom Bracket 7174 that's it. not sure if that relates to the year.
I haven't found too much info on this bike, but maybe someone on this fine site has one or knows what year? year(s), although it seems like a one shot kindof deal.
It's really in fine shape, I cleaned it..and 'did no harm' to frame, just washed it soap/water and thin coat of Toitle wax

'74 as the year ?..seems to fit that era..certainly, I could be off, but probably not 'way off'.
Everything is original, (except seat, not sure about tires) the stem shifters are broken.
Chrome parts are very nice...
Just began to reassemble it today
any ideaz?
thanks
franco

columbia2.jpg

ColumbiaAW-0.jpg

columbiaFrontDer.jpg

"serial number records provided by the factory are incomplete and only go up to 1972. Bikes made after 1972 do have serial numbers but there is simply no known record of the years they represent."
http://vintagecolumbiabikes.com/id79.html

If there is a head badge or sticker it can be narrowed down a little.

"serial number records provided by the factory are incomplete and only go up to 1972. Bikes made after 1972 do have serial numbers but there is simply no known record of the years they represent."
http://vintagecolumbiabikes.com/id79.html

If there is a head badge or sticker it can be narrowed down a little.

there was a 'sticker ' as a head-badge D-Man. it was sooo thin and wanged off, I did save it and press it in a book to flatten and re attach. I mean, it's no great headbadge or anything, that's for sure ...but, it was there..so back it goes.
F.

Latest posts

Back