Columbia Convertible Commuter *FINISHED*

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Luke.
I'll help you get some guides if you'd like. Send me a convo.
They are currently sourcing an Australian distributor, so hopefully I can order through my LBS soon! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Just caught up on your latest updates. Slick professional work as expected.
I really like the idea of using the headphone jack.

Thanks ya'll.
You take her for a spin yet?
No I haven't and it's killin' me! We've had afternoon pop up showers yesterday and today and I don't want to get it out on the wet road at this point. My photo shoot is planned for tomorrow so I'm keeping it as clean as possible until that's behind me. I actually got on it and pedaled forward just a couple of feet in my shop last night just to try to satisfy my urge to ride it! It didn't help. :21:

You'll be the proverbial "kid with a new bike" in no time.:happy:

Be sure and give the full road test review. You weigh it yet?

Come on Jim , tick tock time is running out and we are all waiting to see :39:
OK, here's another part...
Pedal_zps5isj0hai.jpg

:tmi:

It's officially finished.:whew:

I loaded it up yesterday evening and took it to my good friend Marianne for the final photos. The shots that I had envisioned were beyond my cheap camera's capabilities. Marianne has a great spirit and an artistic eye so it was very cool to have her help me.:)

Here's a sneak peak from behind the camera...
Marianne%20Lewis_zpsiooo2aod.jpg

I now have the task of sorting and choosing the final photos. Today is cut short due to an out of town gig, but hopefully I'll have everything sorted out by this afternoon and will post in the finished section tomorrow.

Ah! I see you're bucking convention and shooting it in the riding position instead of with the seat slammed down... cool.

Carl. :nerd:
Yep, this bike was built with real riding in mind. I've built bikes with slammed seats and my legs don't like them as much as my eyes do! I'm planning on putting some miles on this one!

I'm sorting through the pictures for the 'FINISHED' thread. It's going to take a little while to pick them, resize and then upload to my bucket. She shot them at very high resolution so they are all huge files that need to be reduced.

I started with this one to post here as a test.

Standing_zpspfu03nfr.jpg

This will be the only one with that guy photo bombing. :bandit: :grin:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back