Commuting Woes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I began commuting to work this week (when the weather let me). One day I rode my '76 Schwinn Varsity with no problems. Last night I rode my '34 Colson. The ride in went smoothly, but the ride home was another story. As I was torquing hard up a hill I had the old skip tooth chain snap a link. This brought me to a standstill. Luckily a coworker saw me stop and was able to give me and the bike a ride home. I have another chain on the bench to replace the broken one and a few spare links somewhere to repair it.

382295_10151924453665278_723068513_n.jpg

I started commuting to lose weight! Down 25#s in 3 weeks and making the little woman sick, she's only lost 10#s in almost 2 months...
I ride my daily beater, to scary to get hit by these Floriduh numbskulls on something of value.

I carry a chain breaker when commuting to work. I can probably fix a broken chain quicker than I can patch a flat. I don't take the chain breaker on training/fun rides.

I carry a "McGuyver," made by topeak(has a chain breaker)http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/transam4life/509mcguyver.jpg, and a 15mm wrench, tube and an instaflate(Co2). Maybe the McGyver is overkill but when the swiss army knives come out I can show them!

My biggest complaint or beef is drivers, they don't care who has right of way. I ride against traffic here, something I never did before, so I can see my death sled coming, hopefully stop, leap, dive out of the way!

Latest posts

Back