Connecticut Zombie...

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
...in King RatRod's court. Let the part sorting and procrastination begin.

bike3023.jpg

Start photo reminds me of my Hammered Higgins, only a bigger hammer. Nice frame!

"Rolling Dead"

My accident happened in February. it was about 8:30am, a bright sunny day. I'd just picked up my paycheck, and was on the way to the jobsite. Heading up the highway at the 65mph speed limit, in the right lane. All of a sudden, a huge BANG!, and the van made a hard left onto the grass median! Fortunately, the road has a wire fence separating the oncoming lanes! I finally came to a stop, after hitting a concrete anchor block, and a support post. The lower front ball joint snapped in two, jamming the wheel into the fender, and rendering me just a passenger! The van is a 95 Aerostar, which just turned 367,000 miles this week! I thought it was totaled at first, but after examining the suspension, the ball joint was really the only major damage. I changed that one, then drove it around the neighborhood. Drove about as well as it did before, so, I replaced the other three ball joints, and found four used tires at Pick A Part. I renamed it the "Zombie Van", since I'd revived it from the dead!
Before:

Can't seem to find my 'after' pics... -Adam

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA!!!!!:android:

While the creature feasts on a fork, the drum escapes and hides in the back of the shed.:chicken:

PTDC0030_zps3ce53700.jpg

During the action, a grizzled old veteran comes from behind to fill the breach. :comando::aggressive:
Let's hope Mr. Morrow is still up to the job!:showingbiceps:

PTDC0032_zps84255703.jpg

Is this zombie going to rise from the dead?

Gettin' cranky, all-American skinny added to the front, tired old rear sneaker swapped for a stiff boot.

PTDC0040_zpsc6b7336d.jpg

Those familiar with my work know what's next. 803 bar and racing saddle on a skyscraper seat post, right?

Latest posts

Back