Consistantly Inconsistant vs 9 to 5 M-F

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the months since I last posted anything, predictability on what interest if any would be generated when I had finished a bicycle and prepared to release it back into the wild was a thing of the distant past.
It would seemingly take minutes to find a buyer some weeks during the summer for many of the projects I'd finished, NOW, my floor space was getting to be a seriously hard to find matter in the garage.
IMG_20150916_212433 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr
This Electra didn't get much interest in it for weeks but after I painted and soldit for a lower price than I'd ever imagined a Electra should go for, I then got a dozen calls on it, from an ad I forgot to delete on CL.. go figure.

My next build was a near clone of the Electra frame (save for the rear dropout) a OP roller, which took about a month to find a happy home.
20151031_134320 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr
It was a much better feeling ride than the electra, and at half the price, a steal for me and the new owner.

I ended up doing some fallback work in my old business - Computer Consulting, Repair and Web Design but kept my eye open for anything that looked like a nice starting point for me to get thru the winter slump. I eventually came across a old Cannondale M1000 MTB for $20. It had all the parts, was in good condition, so I bought it and after stripping to the aluminum frame, finished in matte and added some balloon tires for a interesting effect. 21 speed cruiser? ok... here ya go!
20151117_155044 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

After that, I found a frame on CL for $15. It was a really blurry pic but for that price, who would pass on it? Apparently everyone since the ad had been up for a while and even I'd missed it for over a month. It was a stretchy cruiser frame that I still have no idea the maker of.
20151127_112255 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr
I have not seen another frame like it. the way the top bar is bent, the straight downtube, the split chainstay right off the BB and the seatpost sitting in the middle of the chaindstays all on it's own...I can't find another one like it online on any site. Id love to find out more on it though because the ride on that thing was nice. best one yet this winter

I then got another the Realm bike. this one was $20, and I let myself do a very off beat paint scheme, which was more laziness on the sanding to begin withand evolved into -- this lovely tapestry.
20151205_124853 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr
The front featured the m of the word Realm turning into a white ghost claw/hand chasing a figure back across the bottom of the word and blending into the abyss of the artwork on the rest of the frame.

After that... where else was there to go... I decided, no paint this time.
20151223_154647 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

So now the new year will be here soon and with any luck, this is the year my name takes wind and this bike shenanigans becomes this bike empire. You all get a cut of the pie too if i can help it!

I'm still trying to figure out if the thread title is mis-spelled on purpose just to be funny or seem inconsistent (note correct spelling) LOL. But I've had a similar situation where I posted a grill for a 53 pickup and sold it dirt cheap. Then a year later a guy calls me out of the blue wanting to give me over $100 for it.

I'm still trying to figure out if the thread title is mis-spelled on purpose just to be funny or seem inconsistent (note correct spelling) LOL. But I've had a similar situation where I posted a grill for a 53 pickup and sold it dirt cheap. Then a year later a guy calls me out of the blue wanting to give me over $100 for it.
Nice catch there, it was not intended to be misspelled, but THAT particular word's spelling has escaped my inner dictionary for the past 46 years with alarming success rate. Perhaps, it's my subconscious taunting my lucid mind state which is at play, but be that as it may or may not be, this happenstance is one example of irony that even Tony Stark would kneel down for.... get it? Iron knee... Tony Stark is Iron Man.
n e weighs : my bad

Any chance you could post a pic of the other side of the bike so we can see the artwork you described?
I ended up sanding it a little smoother than they show up here and did a top clear coat but these images were from just prior
this is the front view. Moon over the top of the word Realm and you can see the edges are not empty.
20151205_210632 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

on this side, there is this man who is white as a ghost running scared from ??
20151205_210628 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

He is running from the long arm of the L which has begun to come into the "real world" as a thin but scary grabby arm thing... I'd be scared and run too!
20151205_210618 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

and from that angle you can see the remains of original orange paint the Realm factory had given it. I needed sandpaper and some new paint to spray when I was compelled to begin work on the frame so the mix moshed elements in the rest of the frame were started as just a way to get to the morning and a trip to home depot for the supplies. It ended up as a keeper and I got further experience with freehand painting details which is something Ihope to key on this upcoming year.
The next bike I worked on got benefitted via my practice on this one..

A diamond back venom I did this week for a friend
20160102_121410 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

20160102_121333 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

20160102_121117 by shwsrvcs, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back