cool bike. whats it's name?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so a couple weeks ago i was at a bike shop and there was this bike i was diggin.
i didnt get to get a real close look 'cause some other guy was checkin it out and took it for a spin.
anyhow it was all black. single speed freewheel. front and rear brakes set up w/ a little rise bar.
kinda look like yer typical "hipster"bike. diamond frame.
but the thing was that it had skinny 0" rims.
i bet it's outta my price range, but it sure did look fun.

please someone tell me the name/company of this thing so i can look it up. or pix.
i've been googleing every word/words i can think of for the last 1/2 hour to find it :lol:

none of those.
it's really funky lookin'
looks like a full size frame, but w/ a short fork and little wheels.

Small Wheels? Mini Velo are going to be the new fad, forget fat tires.

https://respectcycles.com/all-products/minivelo/
http://www.bigshotbikes.com/polo-bikes.html

Minivelo-Side.jpg

that's the one. thanx!
400 clams :shock:
still looks like a blast to ride.

I flipped this Dahon Hammerhead a couple of years ago. It was pretty slick.
I loved the suspension fork. It's just like my DahonJetstream

IMG_1890.jpg

I like mini-velos, but the fad seems to have largely came-n-went. Bikesdirect doesn't sell em anymore; I think Soma quit theirs, too. Bike Friday has been making 20" full-size break-apart bikes for eons now, but
they're not quite the same thing. It's a shame; i do like 'em. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

I think it'd be rad to ride a mini-velo-ish bike with fat 20" knobbies, a coaster brake rear/disc front, and bmx bars, but i can't really explain why. :shock:

Dr. Tankenstein said:
All I see is....cycle truck donor bike, cycle truck donor bike, cycle truck on or bike!

Cheers,
Dr. T

Can't use nothin' but the front wheel, saddle, and handlebar.

On the website it says the Respect company is based out of Northern Virginia and Santa Barbara CA, what shop in NOVA did you see it in?

Seems like a new company, I am 5'7" and used to ride BMX as a kid... Might be cool - especially if they end up offering the ones with automatic shifting or integrated hubs. (listed as "coming soon")

my pal had one for sale at his shop.
the old bike shop in arlington

Latest posts

Back